X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning a navitrack

Hey Everybody, I recently acquired a navitrack. It's in perfect working order, but it has some spray paint on the screen. Does anyone know what would be safe to use to clean off the paint and not burn the plastic screen?

1st let me say i am no expert, yet . but i am assuming the screen is a plastic material and not glass. any solvent, that i know of, will attack the plastic.

how did the paint get there?

a new unit that came that way? customer support and a warranty issue would be my guess.

a used unit? previous owner somehow got paint on the display? probably a return for servicing. replacement of the paint damaged item.

hopefully some of the "experts" will step up and we both can learn.

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

i got it

it was used, 45 minutes worth on the clock. Our office lost it in our shop under a set of stairs with some retired camera equipment. The thing looks brand new except for the paint. I can only assume that someone put a can of paint in the case and when it closed somehow the tip got pressed. I also got the paint off using some carb cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by Theron
        I also got the paint off using some carb cleaner.
        it didn't fog the display?

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

i tried it on a small area first, but no it did pretty good. I'm used to a much simpler locator Radiodetection RD 4000Rx, so having a little smudge on the screen won't make you miss much. With this busy screen on the navitrack every bit needs to be visible. Any tips for someone used to using the usual locating equipment with manual gain to going to this higher tech navitrack?

Comment

Cleaning the NaviTrack

Hi Theron:

The safest way to clean the plastic is with isopropyl alcohol. Solvents and abrasive materials can damage the plastic.

As far as a manual I assume this is a NaviTrack 1 that you have. We may need to send this to you so your best bet is to call the customer service line at 1 800 519 3456. If it is a NaviTrack 2 you can dowload this off the Ridgid site. Just see the NaviTrack page and click the Icon on the bottom or go to www.navitrack.com

Regards,

TCY

Comment

i managed to find the old manual at www.ridgid.com/findit/

Comment

http://www.ridgid.com/navitrack/manual/Navitrack_Manual_eng.pdf

Comment

Working...
                X