useless forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• useless forum

This forum has great potential, but there is little participation. The powers that be should get the word out there that it exists.

Yep, you may have a point there git, but "the powers that be" don't make a forum work, the member participation does. I try to post on a regular basis, mostly questions, but being a newbe I only try to answer to what I feel knowledgeable about.

Comment

Not Really

People are getting their problems solved by the pros. On any forum there are lurkers being helped by these posts. we"ll never know, some folks are shy.

I agree there's much room for improvement. any suggestions from You, Git will be appreciated I'm sure.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

hardware stores

that remindes me of listening to people working in the plumbing section of a hardware store. telling people the wrong thing about there problem. so when there done i tell them the right answer to there problem. then they say how do you know. and i tell them i'm a master plumber and give them a card and say if you have any questions give me a call.

Comment

what's your point fast plumber?

Are you suggesting sharing knowledge is wrong?

What do you suggest this forum is about?
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

not what i ment

sorry i think if people don't know what they are talking about they should say so that's all. like i don't know about computers or spelling.

Comment

Wow, that is the most responses I've seen in a while.

Comment

I wouldnt call the forum useless. There are still a good number of posts in this forum and questions are answered when asked. Its nowhere near as active as the woodworking or power tools forum but there are still a lot of users on here that own seesnakes. As time goes on the number will grow. 5 years ago I was thrilled to see 2 posts in the entire site in a week. Even if the seesnake section doesnt grow I still feel there is some valuable info in here.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by gitnerdun
                  This forum has great potential, but there is little participation. The powers that be should get the word out there that it exists.
                  This particular forum is pretty finite. You will never get the number of responses that the other forums have. But I think that it is great to have this resource. That is one of the beauties of the internet. Very specific interests can be addressed, unlike other mass media, inwhich costs dictate that lesser interest subjects be swept under the rug.
                  the dog

Comment

some valuable info ,I got here

thank's to Utah @ Rick ,I know elec conduit can be cammered same as laterals! As a general contr. I learned something valuable. I will pass this great idea around to friends in the trades.

Comment

tool, i did some coduit a few months ago that had shorted out due to a break from original construction some 20 years back. this was 2'' pvc and was full of water and some cement slurry. the wires were pulled out and i found the original short and another break down the line. total of approx 200'.

this contractor was so impressed that i've done 3 more camera jobs for him since. (these were waste lines). i prefer the electrical conduits, my cameras don't get full of waste

keep in mind that locating the exact spot in a metal, ridgid conduit is going to be very difficult with a 512hz. locator. plastic is no problem. and of course cast iron waste pipe is no problem. that's what the 512 hz. was invented for.

i don't think the original post was just for the seesnake forum

anyways since dog has returned the plumbing forum has heated up and utah is checking in too. at his age he's not slowing down plus you're back too!

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                      X