K-39af

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-39af

I am thinking of purchasing the new Ridgid K-39af drain cleaner. Has anybody out there used one of these or have an opinion on them.

Thanks
    DAND

what are you planning to use it for?

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

cleaning drains would be my first guess
      West Trail Mechanical Ltd
      Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

dan, the k-39 auto feed is not bad. i use it all the time. the only problem i have with it is that it will slip and not feed or retract with approx. 5' of cable left in the drum. so if you have a 25' cable, 20' will go in, but it will slip and you'll have to pull back the cable to get it to auto retract. i find that if i need to, i use the k-39 with the chuck adapter to pull it back or feed it all 25'. also the chuck works better on a tight trap or drain.

the auto feed k-39 works fine for 90% of my use. plus you don't need to handle the cable like you do with the chuck feature.

the regular k-39 is junk. good news is that the auto feed or chuck can be installed on a k-39 to upgrade them.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by bigPipe09 View Post
          cleaning drains would be my first guess
          my question was directed as to what it would be used for. run down a cleanout or a sink? remove a small hair or grease blockage or get a serious blockage removed.

i have the k-39 with the slip chuck. a true waste of money. i only use it on bathroom sinks and the occassional washer drain where i can't get my k-50 in.

and as always Plumber Rick has moved in with a voice of reason.

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Working...
          X