Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Foot Switch

Originally posted by leak1 View Post
    i tried drian cabel directs foot switch and it was junk! spartans seems to be o.k.

My Spartan 300 switch lasted 3 weeks. It was defective, it split at the molded seam. I've been running a DCD switch for several months with no problems. The switch on my 100 machine seems fine.

I think there are lemons in most everything you buy

Comment

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
      Why not just convert it to an on/off switch? We do that on all of our 1065s and 300 machines.

Not something I would ever think about doing

Comment

my k-7500 had a brand new foot switch split under the metal plate, about 40 degrees when it happened. The switch was 2 weeks old. this was just a few weeks back. stuck a general foot switch on there.
        I also had to put new tires on my 6 or 7 year old machine, and one of the new tires broke right at the shaft two days in. I wasn't rough on it, I kind of assumed I was just unlucky. your post kind of leaves me wondering.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

as much as I despise rr, my duracable machine has ~ 10 years on it and the air switch still works perfect.

have an electric/mechanical one from gorlitz too. worry about water, but have yet to get bit.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
            Do much drain cleaning? I've never had a cable wrap around my arm. I have had them grab the glove before. Foot pedal doesn't help with that either though.

I did that when learning on an old Burton with no power feed. Glove grabbing was common when you have to do the pushing yourself.

If you think the foot pedal doesn't have anything to do with saving your fingers or wrist when the cable grabs your glove, put your tool box on the pedal sometime then feed it by hand, you'll see what I mean!
            www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

The Burton had an electric switch and while I was cautious with it, I never got zapped. So far so good on the Spartan switches as well.
              www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                my k-7500 had a brand new foot switch split under the metal plate, about 40 degrees when it happened. The switch was 2 weeks old. this was just a few weeks back. stuck a general foot switch on there.
                I also had to put new tires on my 6 or 7 year old machine, and one of the new tires broke right at the shaft two days in. I wasn't rough on it, I kind of assumed I was just unlucky. your post kind of leaves me wondering.

FYI...my K-7500 broke a shaft two years old...replaced with a concrete rebar with pre-drilled holes from Lowes for $10.00 and 8 years later no problems...yet!
                Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Working...
                X