X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foot Switch

Ok Josh we talked about the "Foot Switch" on some other post a month or 2 back and now I have another one that split out. This one is only 2 months old??? Are we just buying HD quality tools? I`m having all kinds of problems with NEW stuff all the sudden. What's up? Is this K-7500 just gonna keep eating money? These are all new problems with new parts. I cant keep eating cables and Foot Switch's. I`d be more then happy to send in the last 2 Foot Switch`s so you guys can see for yourselves that they just split out for no reason. Kinda makes me look bad when I cant finish a job with out running to the shop for parts all the time
    Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 02-16-2007, 03:42 PM.
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Re: Foot Switch

heres a link to the other post about the "foot stwich"
    http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ht=foot+stwich

Comment

all clear. what is the temperature that your working in?

in 26 years professionally and 5 years as an apprentice, i've only worn out 2-3 foot switches, air bulbs. that's because the rubber rotted at the barbed connection.

i wonder if it's too cold.

p.s. the replacement bulb is avaliable from general too. $5.00

rick.
      Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 02-16-2007, 01:12 PM. Reason: clarify
      phoebe it is

Comment

Could you maybe just do some changing around of things and use a totally mechanical foot switch? Please see picture below. If you or someone you know could do a little electrical work, then I'm pretty sure this would work. Mostly they are used on small stationary machinery as the on-off switch. You have to keep your foot on it for the machine to run. I have a feeling that the Ridgid air bulb ones may need to start using GoodYear rubber rather than junk from China. Let me know if you would like more info on this one by LineMaster.

Note: I totally forgot about water issues. This type of switch is OK for use only in dry areas. My brain just won't wake up today. :-(
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Woussko; 02-16-2007, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
          Could you maybe just do some changing around of things and use a totally mechanical foot switch? Please see picture below. If you or someone you know could do a little electrical work, then I'm pretty sure this would work. Mostly they are used on small stationary machinery as the on-off switch. You have to keep your foot on it for the machine to run. I have a feeling that the Ridgid air bulb ones may need to start using GoodYear rubber rather than junk from China. Let me know if you would like more info on this one by LineMaster.
          I'm not sure I would want to use an electrical foot switch for a drain cleaning machine. The idea of the foot switch is it is an air switch so you are not working with an electrical switch on a flooded floor.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Mark

Good point

You sure wouldn't want to use that around pools of water. Hopefully Ridgid has a better replacement part than the O E one.

Comment

I`m not going to buy another Ridgid foot switch till they fix the problems. I`m using one off my Cobra machine and if it holds up I`ll order one from them. The Ridgid foot switch is about 35 to $40.00 and only last 2 months Now to find a good 100` 3/4 inner core cable Hint Hint

Comment

I have an old burton 100 foot snake, I need to convert it and I am in need of an air switch, if anyone has an extra one please let me know, thank you kindly, Phillip. phillipcothran@yahoo.comhttp://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/ima...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Originally posted by kansascityPLUMBER View Post
                  I have an old burton 100 foot snake, I need to convert it and I am in need of an air switch, if anyone has an extra one please let me know, thank you kindly, Phillip. phillipcothran@yahoo.comhttp://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/ima...lies/smile.gif
                  I ordered mine off some website in florida. Its just a replacement part. I'm sure you can get them from any machine maker

Comment

Why not just convert it to an on/off switch? We do that on all of our 1065s and 300 machines.

Comment

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
                      Why not just convert it to an on/off switch? We do that on all of our 1065s and 300 machines.

There is no way in the world I'd operate a cable machine without a foot switch. I've been wrapped up enough to know that a broken arm would happen sooner or later.
                      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
                        There is no way in the world I'd operate a cable machine without a foot switch. I've been wrapped up enough to know that a broken arm would happen sooner or later.

That is a scary thought
                        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

i tried drian cabel directs foot switch and it was junk! spartans seems to be o.k.

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
                            Do much drain cleaning? I've never had a cable wrap around my arm. I have had them grab the glove before. Foot pedal doesn't help with that either though.

Comment

Allan J Coleman makes the old style Spartan foot switches still. Where the A/C goes to the petal then to the machine. I like it a lot.

I did make a electronic relay type switch where the pedal only had a 9 volt battery in it, and when you stepped on it it triggered the electronic relay to run the machine. I was able to run this pedal in a bucket of water and not get juiced. I also did a UL and VDE testing on it and it passed with flying colors.
                              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                              X