Hung up snake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hung up snake

The cutter on my Ridgid 750 snake is hung up and I can't get it back. I'm sure it's bound up with roots and I can pull it within 6' of the house. I can go back out with it but when I pull it back it will hang up in the same spot. Tryed reversing and pulling for 3 hours but no luck. Any suggestions thanks.

Re: Hung up snake

If your snake is getting that hung up you may want to consider digging up the line. Chances are the drain is in pretty bad shape and a simple snaking is only prolonging the inevitable.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

If you can go out but cant bring it back in then the line is collapsed.
      Try to turn the cable 1/4 turns and pull by hand with out running the machine till you get it to go back under the collapsed spot. I do this all the time. Your cutter will have to be at the right angle and it will come back under the collapsed spot in the line. May take some time to find the right angle but if you work at it, you`ll get it.
      Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 02-20-2007, 06:05 PM.
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

all clear, problem was already solved in a different posting. he used a 1/2'' cable to cut the roots loose.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          all clear, problem was already solved in a different posting. he used a 1/2'' cable to cut the roots loose.

rick.
          I dig Plumber Rick's avatar with his (?) picture on a ladie's shoe?

Comment

lt's on my wifes shoe. the other shoe is of a toilet with roses in it and a slogan that reads "i love my plumber"

went over real good on a plumbing supply house sponsered fishing trip

the shoe is custom made by my buddies 21 year old son.

he started a business and is selling custom shoes. he has 4 artist that paint for him.

your avitar isn't bad either

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks "All clear" that is a good point if I ever run into that problem I wll use your idea.

Comment

Working...
              X