X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water jetters

I have had this ongoing battle with a slow draining tub,and sink.I have snaked it out myself,took out the drum trap from the tub and repiped it,i have had a plumber here twice to snake the tub drain.Now i know what i ultamatly have to do is ,tear all the old galvanized pipe out and replace the tub.I'll have to tear up some of my floor,but as of right now i just donot have the money for the whole job.So here is my ?.Will a water jetter do a better job in cleaning out the drain lines,than getting it snaked evey six months.I would appreciate any input.
    thanks chic.
    A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Re: water jetters

real quick answer.

yes it will. you need an outside cleanout or vent access. no way to get the jetter past the trap works great on soap and hair.

rick.

late for dinner
    phoebe it is

Comment

tHANK YOU RICK,that is just what i wanted to here!

chic

Comment

chic, do you have access to the piping from under the house? is this a ground floor tub with a crawl space?

ultimately replacing that gal. pipe with abs plastic, is going to be the best long term solution. gal pipe is not too waste line friendly. it is worse than cast iron or no hub. it will not clean up like them. plastic and clay clean the best.

clay is not allowed inside of the structure, and plastic is sort of loud on a second floor. but it will clean up like brand new with a jetter. gal is still going to have rust deposits that are not coming clean.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Rick the problems are on the second floor of the house.I have a decent crawl space to get to the plumbing behind the tub.there is enough room to get to the drain pipe after the trap.ther is about a foot of pipe exposed until it goes under my floor.now when it got snaked i donot think they got there snake all the way to the main drain.I think there is a soft 45 or a 90 before it gets to the main.I have a cape cod house and on both sides (lengthwise)ther are cbby's.now i can change all the plumbing that comes from the sink,but it runs down to the eves and gets real tight.the toilet,sink and tub all run in the main drain that goes to the celler and then to the septic tank.I know this plumbing is at least 70 years old.just need a little time so i can get the cash for a new tub and all the pipeing.

chic.

Comment

Working...
          X