Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And another one bites the dust

The 100` innercore cable fails again
    Took 3 hours to get it back up a 4" line, Thank God that I bought the seesnake What's it gonna take to make it at least 30 day`s with-out welding on a new end?
    Josh, Duane at Ferguson`s wants some one to call em about Complaints he`s getting on the cables braking off ends like this one. Something some where is not right. I thought it might have been something I was doing but guess not as there are others having the same problem.

Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 04-02-2007, 01:18 PM.
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Re: And another one bites the dust

I asked our product manager to give Duane a call.

Josh

Comment

After a feeder rebuild (2nd one this year already) I still cant get my K-7500 to feed the 125` of cable in or out right. The 7500 is always jumping and dancing around when it wont feed right.
      What to do????
      Should I get a new feeder tube? Something has to be a miss in the set-up and I`m thinking the feeder tube is shot as it`s looking kinda flared out on the inside of the drum. This thing gets a work out every day, should I just stick it on e-bay and buy a new one once a year? It would be fine for some one that doesn't demand top performance all the time but I brag to be the best and the fastest sewer guy in the Midwest, so performance is #1 with me.
      I`m thinking I`m just over working this thing.

Cables are NEW 100` + 25`+ leader cable ever tried 25 + 100 + leader cable.. didnt matter same problems
      Feeder is Rebuilt
      What am I over looking?
      Any Ideas?
      Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 04-07-2007, 05:03 PM.

Comment

I think i'd start by exploring other brands.....
        West Trail Mechanical Ltd
        Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

a 3/4'' innercore cable is going to have a ruff time getting all of it back in

the other suggestion would be to purchase a single piece of 125' cable and eliminate the couplings.

the coupling adds an area of stress and doesn't bend as the cable does.

i tried 125 on a couple of occasions and it will kink as it is put back in. now i carry the 25' section separatly and run it as needed.

ps. fast is not necessarly the best way of cleaning a sewer. doing a through job is the best way to keep from coming back every 6 months.

i do every sewer by myself with no help, including roofs and indoor. there are tricks and having the right assortment of machines will allow me to do jobs that others can't and jobs that take 2 guy's i do by myself.

you might want to inest in a sectional machine such as a k1500 and k-60. cable capicity is not an issue with these drumless machines. i can hand carry the k-60 and 75' of cable from my truck up a ladder to the roof when needed all at the same time.

rick.

you should always have a backup machine. not just count on the 1 main machine. my backups have backups, that have backups since you use a trailer for your equipment, you should be able to carry an extra machine of a different style.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I dont know, When I got the K-7500 it would do 125`of cable with no problem but now I need to take the 25` cable off at every job when done. That my friends cuts in to a days time and by the end of the day you have lost enough time that you lost one job.

Rick to this day I have never had to go back to the same job because it was not a through job. I run from the clean out to the city main and from the clean out to the house on evey main line call out. I can do most jobs in less then an hour if I dont have feeder problems. I was doing sewers back when we didnt have self feeding machines so It`s not like I havent been there done that. It`s just that I fell in love with the K-7500 when it use to work right but now with all the time that I`m spending working on it I`m starting to get a little up-set. I know this machine is not the all around best machine for every job but nothing comes close when it`s working "right". I have others machines and many of em. I have 6 in my trailer at all times and I keep enough cable that I can run 200+ feet at any time so the back up thing is well covered.

I was going to order a k-60 last week but it`s back ordered so I put a hold on it. I dont know if I would ever use it but I`d still like to have it. I`m not one for the "sectional machine" as it takes to much time but there are times it might come in handy?

My main thing is I want my K-7500 to work like it once did. If it cant be fixed then maybe it`s time for a new one??? but if it wont last longer then a year or two do I really want another one??? I see em on E-bay all the time and they bring pretty good money used so thats why I was thinking maybe I sould only use em for one year and then get a new one?

sectional machines take to much time and the cables seem to be softer and kink.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
              I`m not one for the "sectional machine" as it takes to much time but there are times it might come in handy?

sectional machines take to much time and the cables seem to be softer and kink.
              i use a K-75 with 150 feet of 7/8 NON innercore cable. that's 10 sctions of 15 feet each . granted it may take a few seconds to get the sections together i have a better idea how far in the line i am than with a drum machine. mine gets a hard workout and i have yet to have a cable fail. i had thought about inner core until this thread came up. thanks!!

put me in the sectional section. BTW, both of the "drum" attachments for my K-50 have kinked cables.

just my $.02 before taxes

steve
              In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

i have a drum attachment fo my k-50's. i don't use it. i like to remove the cable from the drum when i'm done and shake it dry.

last week i got a roof drain call that was plugged. i used my k-60 with 7/8'' cable and auger end. didn't know it was a 2'' line with a trap

i cleared it at approx.32' and discovered the trap and 2'' line. i couldn't get the cable connector back through the trap. i snaped the cable at the connector trying to get it back. after looking in the t-bar ceiling, i found a comby to disassemble and removed my cable. i cut the 2'' of broken cable and reattached the end and welded it in place. so far so good.

never knew a 7/8'' cable will get through a 2'' trap.

now i know.

rick.

all clear most of my runs require less than 100'. i carry the extra cable just in case. also 150' of k-60 7/8''. and a couple hundred feet of jetter hose. along with the k-50 and 3- k-39 with 6 different cables. that's what in the truck all day. at the shop i keep all the extra's along with trailer jetter and sectional 1.25'' machine. and 4 - k-750 and 1- 7500. once in a blue moon i will get stuck, but it's usually because i'm the only one that attemps to get the line cleared. i have 3 cameras in the truck along with my new micro seesnake typically i have a track record of all my exisiting jobs on my laptop and then establish a track record for new jobs. i already know where the roots are and the city connection is in footage. it's easy to catch fish when you know where the fish are. just like drain cleaning.

prior to the k-60, i would have to hump the 7500 into tight spaces and bust my butt up and down the stairs. now i just break out the k-60 for the tricky jobs. it weighs nothing and takes up little room.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

So Rick, do you prefer the K-60 over your k-7500 now? I just recently got into a 7500 from a 750 and am loving it. But all this talk about a K-60 has me wanting to order one now too. Not sure about using it in a basement with white carpet though

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Troy View Post
                    So Rick, do you prefer the K-60 over your k-7500 now? I just recently got into a 7500 from a 750 and am loving it. But all this talk about a K-60 has me wanting to order one now too. Not sure about using it in a basement with white carpet though
                    i very rarely use the hose that contains the back end of the 15' cable. much faster without the cable hose. inside of a room with any carpet. especially white, i would be very careful and cautious with any drain machine. truthfully the k60 down a basement is much nicer than 250# of k--7500.

the sectional machines have a very small following here on the west coast/ southern calif. lets not share that info, it keeps me busy as i'm 1 of the only kids on the block with the sectional machines also 1 of the only ones with propress,pipe freezers, t-drill, pipe bursting, and any other machine out there.

not every machine i have ever bought is a bonus. the k-40 i feel was a big flop

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                      I asked our product manager to give Duane a call.

Josh
                      I talked to Duane today and he was impressed that you guy`s called
                      He asked me how on earth I got that done then he saw that I had a Micro SeeSnake Now`s he thinks I`m in cahoots with ya....lol
                      He`s been trying to get 10 of em but they are on back order....lmao

Anyway thanks for giving him a call.

Comment

Working...
                      X