X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cleaning Your 7500 or 750

all cables wil lose their temper with use. when the cable is brand new, the directions are to let it run inside of a pipe under no load to relieve it's set.

i've had good luck with an oil tempered non innercore cable.

i still have some old ridgid innercore cable with the ggod stuff inside. i will bring a sample to the june trade show and give it to them, (josh) for comparison to the new junk

what does your cable look like when it is out of the drum laying flat on the ground down a long driveway or street? is it still flat and straight , or kinked and not straight anymore?

sorry about the misunderstanding. all of your other post were about using 125' of cable and not oiling your cables. i just put 2 and 2 together and gave my opinion based on these issues.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

it lay`s flat on the ground, Or did till it flipped back in the drum and bent the crap out of it. I had to cut 10` off. I know it`s gotta be the cable causing all the problems as I never had these problems till they changed cable. I`m not the only one having these problems so I know it`s not just something I`m doing.
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I am sure you have checked out these suggestions, but things that have come to my mind. As I know you have way more experience than I ever thought of having.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Just a question? have you measured the cable now in length, is it longer, or has it stretched any? or shorter?

The thought crossed my mind is, are you clamping the power feed down to tight and thus stretching the cable, making it limper by uncoiling and or stretching it.

If there shorter, I would think they have been over torqued and possibly
        not properly grabbing the power feed, the possibility of another light shim in the power feed, on the bottom units to re center the bearings,
        I would think that a cable wound tighter would make it stiffer not floppy.

Am sure of this is not the problem, but any kinks in the cable. I know if there kinked they don't lay well in the drum.

Since you have had the feed tube out. The feed tube bearing is OK and not binding. and inter drum, when side pressure is applied.

Are the bearings on the power feed, the same as the old ones that worked at one time,

If the cable is getting floppy then the cable has change in it physical properties. Why I don't know.

I am sure your correct that there appears to be a cable change in the manufacturing process and the inter core, as stated on another post.

~~~~~~~~~~~

If you put in a new cable (or if you have one of the "OLD" ones that did work well), will the power feed, feed it OK or properly, if it does the power feed is not a fault, or more than likely it is not the problem. and if a brand new cable feeds OK, the machine in theory is working properly,

It would have to be a change in the cable or cables, check out Ridgid's life time warranty, (I have heard it is not as good as it once was), if it is faulty manufacturing, and the cable is not physically wore out. Then there is more than likely a problem with the batch of cables you got or something major appears to have changed, bad batch wire or some thing change in tempering, or construction or manufacturing process, something appears to have changed for you. I think I would be calling the service rep. and if you all ready have do it again.

IF it feeds a new cable and not the old cable the machine is not wore out, and now will not properly feed a current used cable the cable is most likely at fault now,
        IF The machine will feed new cables then the used cable is at fault, and I would suggest replacement, and try to get some replacement cables from Ridgid, if there not living up to there expected service life,

side question?
        On the old cable how many "sewers" or uses did you average before needing replacement?
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~
        How many do others get out of there cables/snakes?
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Just a question? have you measured the cable now in length, is it longer, or has it stretched any? or shorter?
          No because some 100` are only 99.6 and some are 100.9. You would have to measure it when it came out of the box to know what it measured new. I feel that is something Tech should do as I dont have time to do free R&D for Ridgid

The thought crossed my mind is, are you clamping the power feed down to tight and thus stretching the cable, making it limper by uncoiling and or stretching it. You shouldnt be able to do that as it`s spring loaded but if it would feed you wouldnt have too in the first place

If there shorter, I would think they have been over torqued and possibly
          not properly grabbing the power feed, the possibility of another light shim in the power feed, on the bottom units to re center the bearings,
          I would think that a cable wound tighter would make it stiffer not floppy.
          tighter would make it kink or have a curve to it

Am sure of this is not the problem, but any kinks in the cable. I know if there kinked they don't lay well in the drum. These are pretty new cables with-out kinks

Since you have had the feed tube out. The feed tube bearing is OK and not binding. and inter drum, when side pressure is applied. It`s all good there

Are the bearings on the power feed, the same as the old ones that worked at one time, same part numbers and also new

If the cable is getting floppy then the cable has change in it physical properties. Why I don't know. it`s not tempered or heat treated correctly or not as good of wire as they once used

I am sure your correct that there appears to be a cable change in the manufacturing process and the inter core, as stated on another post.

~~~~~~~~~~~

If you put in a new cable (or if you have one of the "OLD" ones that did work well), will the power feed, feed it OK or properly, if it does the power feed is not a fault, or more than likely it is not the problem. and if a brand new cable feeds OK, the machine in theory is working properly,

It would have to be a change in the cable or cables, check out Ridgid's life time warranty, (I have heard it is not as good as it once was), if it is faulty manufacturing, and the cable is not physically wore out. Then there is more than likely a problem with the batch of cables you got or something major appears to have changed, bad batch wire or some thing change in tempering, or construction or manufacturing process, something appears to have changed for you. I think I would be calling the service rep. and if you all ready have do it again.

IF it feeds a new cable and not the old cable the machine is not wore out, and now will not properly feed a current used cable the cable is most likely at fault now,
          IF The machine will feed new cables then the used cable is at fault, and I would suggest replacement, and try to get some replacement cables from Ridgid, if there not living up to there expected service life,

side question?
          On the old cable how many "sewers" or uses did you average before needing replacement?
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~
          How many do others get out of there cables/snakes?[/QUOTE]

The old cables would last a year if you didnt kink em up but these new cables are only good for about "3 months top"!

Ridgid already gave me a new 25` cable but it`s made just like the one I sent in so here we go, we are good for 3 months again....lol.. I cant send in my cables all the time as they dont make me money in the mail. I would send them my K-7500 complete cables and all but the shipping would cost me an arm and a leg and I`d have to go buy another one to work while they figure out what their problems are. Now if they want to send me one I`d take it and send them mine hint hint I`m kinda stuck in a bad spot as I put all my trust in ridgid and now they are letting me down big time. I`m looking at some other brands to see what they offer before I buy another K-7500. This thing use to kick butt but now it`s kicking mine as I spend more time working on it then I do working it.

Maybe the Tech will see this and send me a new feeder, feeder tube and cables to try? It would cost less to ship parts then the complete K-7500 and I could replace one thing at a time and see if anything fixes the problems???? I`m willing to try anything!!!!!
          I`v been thinking about getting a new K-7500 and sticking this one on E Bay. Kinda doing the every year trade off thing.
          Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 04-17-2007, 10:49 AM.
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

With all the trouble your having, just buy a k-1500 machine and k-60 and say good buy to all your headaches of this machine. I have owned my for over 8 years and only have 15 feet sections of cable to replace or a head replacement once in a while. Maybe every two years or more. If you take care of them longer. the k-1500 will out preform your machine. and the k-60 is a workhorse it self. freddy

Comment

Working...
            X