X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k-39 vs. k-40

I seen alot of bashing on the k-40(Plumber Rick ). I like mine and it's never given me any trouble. I've never used the k-39 but why is it more preferred?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: k-39 vs. k-40

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    I seen alot of bashing on the k-40(Plumber Rick ). I like mine and it's never given me any trouble. I've never used the k-39 but why is it more preferred?

bashing? or telling the truth

the k-39 is a hand held drill style machine. basically the same capacity and cable sizes. the advantage i found is that the cables are loaded from the front without taking off the power feed or removing the drum. the -k-40 you need to unbolt the feed adapter and remove the drum to remove the lip that holds the cable.

another issue is the long 4' guide tube that comes with the higher end model is creates an issue that doesn't allow for a real feel of the cable. since we are talking small 1/4''- 3/8'' cable. without a feel, the cable will kink super fast. i even had my kink between the machine feed and feed adapter bracket.

havn't used it for years. if you want it, i'll make you a deal. it was only used a handfull of times

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I appreciate the offer and your input but one k-40 is all I need. It's funny how two people can see the same thing differently. The 4' hose is one of my favorite features because it keeps the mess down and I don't have to hold a 15 lb. snake; just a guide tube. I've never had my line kink on me yet and I run the 5/16" innercore. I think it's paid for itself 10 times over just clearing washing machine drain lines.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

try the k-50. you'll see a real machine with real cutters on it. the 5/16'' bulb is only a way of clearing/ punching a hole, not cleaning a line. a 2'' washing machine line is full of lint and soap. the k-50 5/8'' cable is flexible , yet strong and has cutters to attach to it.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

i'll make you a deal
          What kinda deal you talking about? I may want it?????
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
            What kinda deal you talking about? I may want it?????
            all clear, don't you have enough issues with your 7500?

why take on more issues with the k-40

p.m. me for a price, but don't blame me. i told you so

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

i've got a K-39 without the auto feed. must manually feed and retact. the machine is a bit cumbersom but in the right spot it's OK. i have 3 drum setups for it and the cover must be unbolted and the old brum removed and the new drum installed. a bit of a PITA but what the heck. i mainly use the 5/16 cable with bulb auger for sink lines and such. it beats dragging the K-50 up a bunch of stairs and back down.

steve
              In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                i've got a K-39 without the auto feed. must manually feed and retact. the machine is a bit cumbersom but in the right spot it's OK. i have 3 drum setups for it and the cover must be unbolted and the old brum removed and the new drum installed. a bit of a PITA but what the heck. i mainly use the 5/16 cable with bulb auger for sink lines and such. it beats dragging the K-50 up a bunch of stairs and back down.

steve
                steve, you might as well use the k-39 with auto feed. the cables can be changed in seconds, without unbolting the drum. keep in mind that a 25' cable will only auto feed out approx. 20'. the remainder will slip in the drum. so just load a 35' cable. i have 5 of the k-39's. the older 3 of the older 1 way auto feeds. 1 with chuck, great for hard traps,1 original without feed(junk) and the newest 1 with dual direction auto feed. the new model with dual auto feed , in and out (forward and reverse) without stopping the machine. the machine is lite and it runs the same cables as the k-40.

all clear is looking for this machine k-40. he wants me to sell it to him.

i don't want to give him junk, but he really wants it. do blame me, i told you so. look for the price on the p.m.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, what do you think about just getting the k 60 w/ the 5/8 and 7/8 cable. Would it do as well as the k 50 w/ the 5/8 cable. How well does it do inside being sectional? Just got my money back from my Uncle Sam. Weight is also definently not an issue for me. By the way, are you an undercover sales rep for Ridgid ?
                  Last edited by gear junkie; 04-11-2007, 11:39 PM. Reason: forgot something
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                    Rick, what do you think about just getting the k 60 w/ the 5/8 and 7/8 cable. Would it do as well as the k 50 w/ the 5/8 cable. How well does it do inside being sectional? Just got my money back from my Uncle Sam. Weight is also definently not an issue for me. By the way, are you an undercover sales rep for Ridgid ?

that's a good way to save approx. $600. nothing wrong with using the k-60 with the 5/8'' cable. it only takes seconds to adjust the rear collet to grip the 5/8'' cable. most of the time i don't even use the rear guide hose, unless i'm inside or in weeds where it the cable will get wound up. much faster without it.

the only drawback is you can't run the cable drum, 1/4''- 3/8''. good news is i have a drum adapter and i don't use it.

i definatlly would go with the k-60. sooner or later you will get the k-50. $300 on ebay for a good one, no cables

the k-60 has been great for me so has my k-50 my other machines are starting to get very jealous

i wish i was a ridgid salesman. they get their demos for free.

i can't even think how much i have in ridgid tools it's over 6 figures plus the 2 decimal points how about frequent buyer's points

save your money on the k-40 and go for the k-60 .

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                    X