Drain cleaning truck set up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drain cleaning truck set up

I was wondering have you guys seen any really good plumbing truck set ups.
    I am looking to gear up with a service type truck with jetter hoses and cupboards etc.
    Dircetion to any web site would be appreciated
    My bread and butter at the moment is house drain cleaning and inspections.
    I have attached a photo of what I am looking at.
    Regards
    greg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Aussie Plumber Greg; 04-15-2007, 07:11 AM. Reason: added photo

Re: Drain cleaning truck set up

check out a website- americanvan.com They might give you some ideas. Don't take this the wrong way and I know you had the best intentions in mind but I don't like to show pictures of what I have in my truck. Just a advertisement on what to take.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      check out a website- americanvan.com They might give you some ideas. Don't take this the wrong way and I know you had the best intentions in mind but I don't like to show pictures of what I have in my truck. Just a advertisement on what to take.
      Just take pictures of "some else's" truck and post it. Or pictures of your competitors truck, make sure the name and address is in the pic!!

Just kidding of course! I would never condone such actions (unless of course I was really, really pissed!!!)

My philosophy is that I have no competitors except myself. Others do the same kind of work and some do it better than others. If I go to a job to bid and miss it or fail to sell it then its not the other guys fault, its mine. I move on to the next one and try to do better.

35 + years and hasn't failed me yet!

Peace,
      Clato

Comment

found this picture on the web some where, doesn't help with the inside but a clever paint job,
        Last edited by BHD; 01-12-2009, 09:38 AM.
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I started out with standard utility bodies. I then switched to Step Vans with custom bins. After Step Vans I went to Tilt Forward Cabs with Super Structure walk-in utility beds. I now have a Van Cutaway with a walk-in utility body. I also own 10 trailers ranging from 4’ to 40’ so I think I have just about tried them all. For what it is worth here are my observations.

The standard utility body was nice but the drain cleaning equipment ended up in the bed which left it vulnerable to the weather and to theft.

The Step Vans were nice and secure and had plenty of room but even with a custom bulkhead were too loud and smelled like your last twenty jobs.

The tilt forward cabs (Isuzu) with a walk-in super structure (14’) utility bed were and still are my favorite. Other than their size for parking garages they are hands down my favorite choice.

My current truck is a cutaway van with an enclosed utility body. I like this truck a lot but I now only carry forensic testing and documenting equipment on my truck. That is of course except for my K-50 and K-60 which I carry for pushing Sondes.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

If your on a budget you may consider a retired ambulance,
            I know a few who use them around here,
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
            X