X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K 1500s

Guys I quick query about the k1500 and I am looking at buying another one what is the difference power wise/capablities.
    I see there is the standard k1500 and a sp k1500 if you were to buy one which one would you suggest.
    Regards
    Greg

Re: K 1500s

Would depend on what your going to be getting into on most of your jobs. I have SP and It works fine, for every thing I have come across. Most of my drains are 4" few 6" and I run up to 150 feet. Could go further depending on condition of pipe. motor size 3/4 vs 1 horse power Freddy

Comment

3/4 h.p. is plenty strong. if power draw/ amprage is not an issue and a couple of $ more, go 1 h.p. but 3/4h.p. is still more than strong enough for work out here.

what size of lines and what distance do you usually run into?

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Guys the most I go down drains is approx 100-120feet in 4inch pipe.
        I always seem to have trouble when it gets to the jump up before sewer main I use a trap leader.

Comment

3/4h.p is plenty. save the extra money and spend it on cables and cutters.

out here, in my area, all the residential lines go from 4'' to 6'' at the property line and into the street. so i'm always snaking 4'' and 6'' from a 4'' opening.

i use expanding cutters when i need to.

not sure what you mean by the jump up into the sewer.

our connections typically enter through a 45 degree angle from the top or side of the sewer main. we call this the sewer saddle.

very few times have i encountered a trap on the sewer main. all of our fixtures are trapped.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X