X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water backing-up

Maybe we should all stop buying Ridgid tools. After all they advertise way to much. And there prices are some of the highest in the industry. Again ridiculous... ridiculous...ridiculous
    Last edited by Crappy days; 06-28-2007, 06:39 PM.
    THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

The Yellow Pages has done a great job of convincing plumbers they need to be closer to the front of the book. Of course the only way to get closer to the front of the book is to buy larger ads. I remember as Plumbers fought to buy larger and larger ads until they ended up with a full page ad. Just when it looked like it could not get any worse they started selling two page ads. Now some of these Plumbers are spending a disproportionate amount of their overall budget on Yellow Page Ads.

A few years before the father of flat-rating went BK I believe he owed the Yellow Pages hundreds of thousands of dollars in Yellow Page ads and the Yellow Page was offering to take ten cents on the dollar if he renewed his ad. What a Rep told me was because he was at the top of the pack he was feeding the spending frenzy in the Yellow Pages.

There is nothing wrong with advertising in the Yellow Pages but only a fool looks at the big ads and assumes because the Plumber is spending thousands of dollars per month on his Yellow Page ad it makes him a better plumber.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Crappy days View Post
        Maybe we should all stop buying Rigid tools. After all they advertise way to much. And there prices are some of the highest in the industry. Again ridiculous... ridiculous...ridiculous

crappy clear your pm mailbox storage
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
          crappy clear your pm mailbox storage
          LOL-I just try to send him a PM as well.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Its empty.
            THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

Sole proprietor...relatively new in the game...ears WIDE open.
              Recently banging my head with the idea of yellow pages, but hearing they aren't worth it anymore.
              I make a living off my personality (and to think, the mrs calls me crabby)
              I talk to my customers like they're my neighbor...not too formal or impersonally professional...nice n comfy.
              I'm swimming in repeat/referral buz...thats fine, but Crappy has gotten my attention...I fall into the "If you want to work the rest of your life 65 to 75 and live middle income ..." category.
              My recent searching has lead me to believe that advertizing/marketing is obviously needed IF you want to grow...but there's another word added that changes everything...."target".
              Yellow pages are obnoxiously expensive IF you want something big enough to be effective, and I hear they yield less and less every year...I'm wondering about targeting specific demographs...maybe on local cable, or newspaper.
              In the same respect, the LARGEST companies in my area are pasted all over the place...full page ads in the yellow pages, trucks everywhere with BOLD lettering, and if I were them I'd spread the word that the yellow pages are awful too if that were my bread n butter.
              I am doing fine now...and buz has been growing faster than I thought it would, but it looks like I'll have to keep my ears open for a little while longer to get the real "skinny" on this.

Comment

I know this post went off-track. Anyway, back to the original post, the answer was grease in the pipe. We had a plumber come over and take a look. We were charged $75.00 for one hour plus $15.00 for the use of a snake. We haven't had the issue of back-up since.

Thank you,

Comment

Originally posted by travelbug73 View Post
                  I know this post went off-track. Anyway, back to the original post, the answer was grease in the pipe. We had a plumber come over and take a look. We were charged $75.00 for one hour plus $15.00 for the use of a snake. We haven't had the issue of back-up since.

Thank you,

you did real good. a snake will open the line, but a jetter will clean the line. at $90.00 you're in good shape. a jetter would have been approx. $50. more.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

It's always best left to a professional who will guarantee their work. I've seen too many homeowners destroy their house, rented equipment and marriage only to resort to calling a pro in the long run.

smart decision!!

Gary

Comment

Working...
                    X