K7500, stairs, and other question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K7500, stairs, and other question

My guide hose is metal on the inside rubber on the outside. Is that the good one?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      My guide hose is metal on the inside rubber on the outside. Is that the good one?
      yes ben. is that on the 60? metal is the good one

i've got 2 soon to be 3 new 50 that have the rubber hose and it's too flexiable and sticky. the natural curve doesn't allow the cable to push in or slide. fortunatly i've got 2 older machines with metal and i rarely use the hoses.

the 60 has the metal.

steve, you can easily change the hose to the metal style. it's nothing more than water proof electrical flex. if i remeber correct it's 1'' flex and it's used all the time on air conditioning electrical hook ups. we have the grey color.

do you guys use the hose more often or less often?

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,

i almost always use the hose. it keeps the cab;e from walking around andpossibly causing a problem. if i don't have to divide my attention between the front of the cable AND the back there is less chance of an accident happening.

some of the high end homes i've worked in require multiple towels and the hose and a mop . i posted about one bathroom floor that was teak plus all of the walls, shower stall, and cabinetry was marble. not a place to have a 7/8 metal cable bouncing around

outside it keeps grass, rocks, tree limbs, etc out of the cable.

now with the 50 i just have to be extra aware of what's going on. i have had it grab a shoe lace and inot give it back. lucky for me i keep a pair of boots in the van and the day was saved.

i'm thinking about making a 15 foot hose for the 50. just wind off 2 lengths instead of one. save some time and hassel.

gotta get my butt to the hardware store and "get 'er done"

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

most of my k60 is outside work and the hose is seldom used. on the 50 i use indoors, try a 5 gallon bucket. the cable just spins in the bucket and it stays nice and dry. with the hose you have to keep pulling the cable out to connect more or pull the hose.

the bucket works great on 5/8'' cable since it's flexiable.

on the 7/8'' good luck.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, could you post a pic of your 50 setup with the bucket? or e-mail me? i see the coils getting hung up as it spins in the bucket. how many feet do you keep in the bucket? 45? 90?

as far as the 7/8s, i'll keep using the hose, it works for me. *thumbs up*

steve
            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

steve, i was talking to ben/ gear junkie today and he also asked for pictures. i don't have a camera phone, so i will have to start taking my water proof olympus digital with me.

i guess i can figure out how to post now. thanks josh and joey. low resolution not high

rick.

the bucket with 5/8'' cable works good. i start off with the regular carrier. theen as i use the cables i send them into the bucket to stay clean and dry, as i snake. the cables have a tight enough wind not to bind.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X