K7500, stairs, and other question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K7500, stairs, and other question

I'm curious as to how you guys carry in the K7500 from your work vehicle to the basement in your customer's houses.

I know one guy who has some 2x4 box tubing welding together and made some sort of lift with a winch on it that helps get the machine in and out of the van.

Also, for those of you that have lifted weights before, I would assume the motion of bringing the machine back up the stairs represents a variation of the deadlift. If that's the case, eating enough calories and hauling that machine up could help put on some muscle, yes??

Any tips on what you do to get the big machine up and down the stairs would be appreciated
    YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Re: K7500, stairs, and other question

i've got a K-75 that is sometimes too much. i'm looking into the K-60. i also use a K-50 (only 5/8 cable though) if i can.

i know that doesn't answer your question but that is what i have and what i do

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Sadly I don't use the k7500, my duracable has a slide, so it slides down stairs and into the van with ease, now, I will be getting the k-60 because of the roof jobs, and also I hear from what the other guy's say, they are perfect for jobs where you have to go down stairs or on the roof.

I would look into the k-60
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

forgot to complete the question you asked.

i just pick up the K-75 and put it into the van or lift it down. mine is the vertical dolly and it will "roll" up and down stairs. yes you can improve upperbdy strength this way.

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Thanks guys!

I am for sure getting a K60 and a K50 to start out. I will be getting a K7500 or a Spartan 2001 in the future just to have in the van.

Thanks again!
          YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
            forgot to complete the question you asked.

i just pick up the K-75 and put it into the van or lift it down. mine is the vertical dolly and it will "roll" up and down stairs. yes you can improve upperbdy strength this way.

steve
            LOL! Gotcha!

I know this is kind of hard to ask and describe, but when you lift the machine back up, do you go up one or two stairs and then just lean back and pull with straight arms? I'll probably spend all day going up and down the stairs to practice once I get a big drum machine, but words from the vets are priceless

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
              Sadly I don't use the k7500, my duracable has a slide, so it slides down stairs and into the van with ease, now, I will be getting the k-60 because of the roof jobs, and also I hear from what the other guy's say, they are perfect for jobs where you have to go down stairs or on the roof.

I would look into the k-60
              grasshopper, soon to move up to master with answers like that

houseofatlas, i know that you're new here, but there is tons of post on the benefits of the k-60

i too have a k-7500 in my large w4500 tilt cab. being that it weighs 250# and is 3'+ at loading into the body of the truck. i use a winch mounted on my crane arm. this is also great for my large jetter and 75 gallon heaters. when i had a regular 1 ton van, i would just lay the unit back and roll it on.

as far as stairs go, the 7500 has great stair rollers that don't chip bricks,
              but you still need to get it up to get it back in the truck

now that's where the k-60 comes in. roof, basement, crawlspace, bathrooms.
              bring it on

yesterday i received my general "rt66" machine that is comparable to the k60.
              i had a chance to test drive it yesterday the one feature i like was the ability to run both 7/8'' and 5/8'' with no adjustments. not sure how the clutch will hold out, but we will see. also the rear guide tube is of a much better design with a swivel connector to allow the stiff hose to rotate into the best position although i rarely use the guide hose, i do like this feature.

don't worry ridgid, it's just a little curiosity that caused me to buy the general. still have my show special nicely packed in the shop keeping my other snakes company.

i would have to say that my k-60 is now my go to machine. my 7500 is starting to get very jealous of his little brother.

did i answer your question hoa

do a k-60 search for the rest of the story

robert, when do you want to sample my goods i'm running out of room and joey found me using my new toy yesterday at my friends shop. glad she got the car a day before i got the snake in the mail

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

This forum is just turning into a K-60 fan club.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                  This forum is just turning into a K-60 fan club.
                  has there been an increase of k-60 sales or production on your side?

lets see at a 10% sales referral, i should be able to pay for joeys new car

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,

I'll be getting a K-60 thanks to all of the influence from the guys on this board.

I personally don't mind spending the extra time getting set up, asembling/disassembling everything with the K-60. I'll probably spend a day assmebling/disassmbling over and over and practicing what works best, etc.. I'll soon be a master of the K-60 LOL! It will be good to be able to run the K-60 while half asleep especially if I get one of those 1am drain calls

Plus, I guess I can save my strength for the gym!

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

The problem that I have found with the rt 66 is when working on a roof with a slight pitch the unit wants to roll off if guide hose is not in place and cables into machine. But it is quick to change cable sizes. this is my back up machine right now. ridgid k-60 holding it own right now.

Comment

To move the K-7500 up and down basement stairs is a two man job. It`s easy but you really need to guy`s doing it. I charge for 2 men when working in a basement If they dont have an outside clean-out, they pay for it one way or the other.
                        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Good call! The K7500 is probably just as heavy as the Spartan one that I "test drove" up the stairs. I wasn't expecting it to be so darn heavy! I was able to get it up the stairs, but not sure if I could do it 5+ times a day LOL! Unless one just needs to get used to it.

It would be easier for two guys (hold doors open, ease the load on the way down and help on the way up) but if someone is working by themselves, they'll probaby just need to eat their Wheaties in the morning, huh?

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post
                            The problem that I have found with the rt 66 is when working on a roof with a slight pitch the unit wants to roll off if guide hose is not in place and cables into machine. But it is quick to change cable sizes. this is my back up machine right now. ridgid k-60 holding it own right now.
                            freddy, i vary rarely use the rear guide hose. i am almost as fast with the 60 as the 7500. on roof jobs, i have to tie the machine onto the roof vent to keep it from falling. me too sometimes.

the guide hose is used indoors or around plants and ivy.
                            just don't need it for regular jobs.

although the route 66 guide hose is a better design than the 60 hose.

ridgid has to go back to the metal hose/ electrical water proof flex, design on the 50. the rubber hose is terrible. listening guys

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              ridgid has to go back to the metal hose/ electrical water proof flex, design on the 50. the rubber hose is terrible. listening guys

rick.
                              amen. that's my major complaint.

steve

Comment

Working...
                              X