KJ-1750SC Jetter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KJ-1750SC Jetter

I purchased the KJ-1750 SC Jetter with the H-10 Cart back in February. Since then I have used it several times. I do mostly residential services so I have yet to use it in a commercial application or outdoors. The problem is I don't think I am using it to its full potential. Everytime I use it I seem to get a FLOOD and water comming back through the access point and thats not good because I am usually in someones basement or underneath a cabinet. That is the reason I bought the electric jetter to use indoors. I'm alomost to the point where I dont want to offer jetting anymore. Is there a better way to use it? Please respond.
    sigpic

Re: KJ-1750SC Jetter

To get the best use of a jetter in general. you should cable out the drain line first. and if possible pull your jetter line back into the line from a down line clean out. so that you are washing down the drain. You could use you cable to pull it back into the drain your working on. with that size of jetter you can't do much over 2" drains with great cleaning.

Comment

Good idea Freddy , I cable upstream often but hadn't thought about jetting upstream . A case of the dumbshits for sure

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post
        To get the best use of a jetter in general. you should cable out the drain line first. and if possible pull your jetter line back into the line from a down line clean out. so that you are washing down the drain. You could use you cable to pull it back into the drain your working on. with that size of jetter you can't do much over 2" drains with great cleaning.
        Before I bought this jetter i did do some research on it and the specs say that it will jet 1 1/4 to 4 inch lines. Also you know as well as i do that it is sometimes very difficult to run the jetter upstream and pull the hose down stream the first being is that wyes are flowing in the downstream position and secondly if i am able to run the jetter in that way what about the debris that is downstream from the access point how will i get that washed?? Aren't there any nozzles that will push the debri down the drain instead of trying to wash the system by going up and pulling back??
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post
          finally something we agree on

an electric jetter is very limited in the cleaning you can do. not only is the pressure low, but so is the volume. a gas jetter with a remote hose cart is much more efficient. as far as the back wash, you need to deal with it. i use a trash can and then pump it back. if you have access to a reverse c/o then that's the way to get it done.

good post.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

thanks rick.
            sigpic

Comment

If you can get the jetter down the pipe with a few little short blasts, and work the far end of the pipe first in two or three foot strokes moving it back slowly to the starting point, giving it time to drain back after each few feet, you can help eliminate a lot of mess, the last (first) 5 feet are hard to do as the jetter keeps blowing water back up the pipe, wrapping a towel or rag around the clean out and jetter hose helps.
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
              X