X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drain machine improvements

I love the fast acting stop of the sectional machines. Why can't the drum machines do this? What if a brake that grabbed around the drum was electrically in series with the foot pedal so when you stepped off the pedal the brake grabbed the drum?

Another thought, I never unwrap the electric cord off my machine. I just use an extention cord. Goes faster this way. I think Bosch skillsaws have a short cord on them. This is similar to what I was thinking.

I know this is a question for the R&D department but Ridgid tools will only get better if we put our input on them. Does anyone else have ideas they'd like to share?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: drain machine improvements

ben, not sure a drum machine would hold up to an electric brake.

marco used to have them on their drum machine , but it was nothing more than a bicycle hand brake on the pulley.

the problem with a brake on the drum machine is the large inertia that is spinning and the wear and tear factor in stopping the mass.

i too typically don't unwind the cord of my machines, i just bring the 50' 12 gauge cord to it. it has 3 outlets for other tools/ camera/ light.

there are many improvements that us plumbers can come up with, but if we blab it here, how will we be the next millionaire

there are a few items on my list, but ridgid has already stolen 1 idea before i really pursued it to completion

some of the simplest things, turn out to be the richest inventions.

pet rock, card board dash cover.

now you can call me and we can discuss it in private i won't tell

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Ben, my bosch worm drive has a detachable cord, a very good idea. I also do not unwind my cords, but use an extension, I have about a 6" cord with GFCI on my main line, need to use a cord with that

ricky, how's that 210 going? I am trying to get my patent

If we put our brains toghether, we can make our ideas happen
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
        Ben, my bosch worm drive has a detachable cord, a very good idea. I also do not unwind my cords, but use an extension, I have about a 6" cord with GFCI on my main line, need to use a cord with that

ricky, how's that 210 going? I am trying to get my patent

If we put our brains toghether, we can make our ideas happen
        robert, question if i already have the idea, brains and the financial backing, what are you going to provide.

rick.

p.s you started it
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          robert, question if i already have the idea, brains and the financial backing, what are you going to provide.

rick.

p.s you started it

A YOUNGER BRAIN, ONE THAT HAS A BETTER IDEA
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

A YOUNGER BRAIN, ONE THAT HAS A BETTER IDEA
            we'll see about that. as far as i know you have brain farts

have your people talk to my people

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

we'll see about that. as far as i know you have brain farts

have your people talk to my people

rick.
              At least he doesn't wake up in the am and it takes him 20 min to pee-pee like you do. Or at least he doesn't sit on toilet for 30 min until finaly he has a bowel movement.

Comment

I would just like to buy some new bolts for my cutters oh and a better cable would be nice....lol... Oh and make it self-propelled and climb stairs on it`s own, oh and there was this time at band camp......lol
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

rick.

p.s you started it
                  Sorry Ben, Rick completely trashed your thread because of his big ego and insecurity.

I am sorry for the role I played in promoting Ricks actions.
                  sigpic

Robert

Comment

Sorry Ben, Rick completely trashed your thread because of his big ego and insecurity.

don't worry robert, i spoke to ben for 30 minutes prior to all your childish antics

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

don't worry robert, i spoke to ben for 30 minutes prior to all your childish antics

rick.
                      Now now rick, I spoke to ben this afternoon, way before you Remember who he calls first.

Hey, maybe this thread should be about rick, since he refuses to let this go and drags the conversation on
                      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Apparently, you can't let it go either

Maybe you should BOTH just let it go

Joey
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I have the K750
                          The first two improvements I made are:

One a cord holder, the first time I loaded it into the pickup I could see a need for it.
                          To protect the cord and the hose and the foot bulb.

And the second, is to mark the drum as to the position of the drum and it drain hole, (the manual says there a plug, but the parts book does not show one), and if there is one mine does not have it.
                          The first time moving it across a carpet I saw the need, to know where the drain was positioned.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by BHD; 07-25-2007, 12:30 AM.
                          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                          attributed to Samuel Johnson
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

bhd, very nice and clean. the drain hole on that machine requires you to lay it on it's back to drain. although it will drin if wet enough and at the 6:00 position.

on the 7500 there are 2 and i keep i plug off. i too have marked the drum to locate the 6:00 position when i store it.

a very clean machine bhd
                            phoebe it is

Comment

rick.
                              Now now rick, I spoke to ben this afternoon, way before you Remember who he calls first.
                              Hey, don't drag me into this. I don't take this thread to seriously. Trash it if you want. I think you both should come to Va Beach and settle this like men. Bring the wives, of course. They can referee. We'll go for drinks afterwards.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X