X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm sorry but I have to ask

I've posted before when I sold my plumbing business I could have kept what ever drain cleaning equipment I wanted. All of the drain cleaning equipment I kept was Ridgid sectional. As a matter of fact the guy who bought my business has bought two K-50s from me recently.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Hmmm, well I only need to up the ladder once with the drum and then I use the rope to pull up the machine. I also don't have to keep putting cables together.

I've been doing it this way for years. I've gone on two story roofs, wood shingled roofs, spanish tiled roofs(with some plywood) and even moss covered roofs! I agree it's hard, but it's not like I do this everyday, probably only a couple of times a week, if that.

I always try to keep an open mind about things. If I could find a used k-60 at a decent price I would get it, but I just don't think it's worth it at full pop.

Comment

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
        Hmmm, well I only need to up the ladder once with the drum and then I use the rope to pull up the machine. I also don't have to keep putting cables together.

I've been doing it this way for years. I've gone on two story roofs, wood shingled roofs, spanish tiled roofs(with some plywood) and even moss covered roofs! I agree it's hard, but it's not like I do this everyday, probably only a couple of times a week, if that.

I always try to keep an open mind about things. If I could find a used k-60 at a decent price I would get it, but I just don't think it's worth it at full pop.
        Just consider moving up to a K-60 would be kind of like moving up to a SV1000.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Just consider moving up to a K-60 would be kind of like moving up to a SV1000.

Mark

you got me stumped wtf is a sv1000

please, don't keep me waiting till thursday

rick.

same offer goes to tomsv650, just got it tomsv1000 if you don't like the
          k-60, i'll buy it from you.

a good used one goes for approx. $650 on ebay without cables.

a new one with all the cables and cutters is $1400 on a real good day.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            you got me stumped wtf is a sv1000

please, don't keep me waiting till thursday

rick.

same offer goes to tomsv650, just got it tomsv1000 if you don't like the
            k-60, i'll buy it from you.

a good used one goes for approx. $650 on ebay without cables.

a new one with all the cables and cutters is $1400 on a real good day.

rick.
            I;m guessing Tom rides an SV650 which is a naked Suzuki sports bike and the SV1000 is it's big brother. Of course since he would be moving up with the K-60 I should have compared it to a Hayabusa (biggest Suzuki Sports Bike).

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post
              All clear, sounds like you gone flat rate and you put the cheapest type of pipe that they make in for your customer. Nice guy

As far as a machine for snaking lines, you could go with the K-60. /It will work great for roof top kitchen drain stoppages basement locations, And the 7/8" cable can be used to unstop main lines. If your having to much problem getting down the 4" line,then the pipe needs replaceing anyway IMO
              I just bid the job and I used 4" PVC SC/40
              Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 07-31-2007, 11:56 AM.
              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                I;m guessing Tom rides an SV650 which is a naked Suzuki sports bike and the SV1000 is it's big brother. Of course since he would be moving up with the K-60 I should have compared it to a Hayabusa (biggest Suzuki Sports Bike).

Mark
                Mark, most of the guys I know prefer the 650 over the 1000. Why? because the 650 is lighter, handles better and is much more flickable. It's awesome in the twisties and on the track. Plenty of power too.

Now if you were to compare the Hayabusa to a drain machine I would say a spartan 1065 would be a better comparison. The busa is big, powerfull, mean, ugly and heavy, and much like a 1065, people who see it for the first time,are impressed. But I wouldn't take it to the track though, just like I wouldn't take a 1065 on the roof.

TomSV650whoiscomparingmotorcyclestodrainmachinesis notcrazy!

Comment

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
                  Mark, most of the guys I know prefer the 650 over the 1000. Why? because the 650 is lighter, handles better and is much more flickable. It's awesome in the twisties and on the track. Plenty of power too.

Now if you were to compare the Hayabusa to a drain machine I would say a spartan 1065 would be a better comparison. The busa is big, powerfull, mean, ugly and heavy, and much like a 1065, people who see it for the first time,are impressed. But I wouldn't take it to the track though, just like I wouldn't take a 1065 on the roof.

TomSV650whoiscomparingmotorcyclestodrainmachinesis notcrazy!
                  Tom,

If you want to see a Hayabusa which is intimidating you should see the stretched one we helped Shaq with. Victory was suppose to build him a bike but refused to stretch it so I told them no. Honda wanted too much in exchange from Shaq so he told them no. Finally, we had him pay cash for the bike and I had my Victory dealer build the bike. It is one sweet looking bike.

Mark

Comment

OK here is another example. One of my ex-plumbers is being interviewed for a position on a local PD on Monday. He spent most of the afternoon at our house getting ready. We got him set up with a nice suit and my two LEO sons were prepping him for the interview. My son Jon went home with his wife and four kids at about 9 PM and Jim left with his little girl around 10 PM. With everyone gone my son Jared and I went online and were visiting with his wife and kids in Texas via web cams while Brenda went to relax in her Jacuzzi tub. Around 10:30 Brenda came out to report we had a main line stoppage.

With 5 little kids over this afternoon my guess is one of them probably lost something down the water closet and stopped up the drain. Jared set up a ladder and jumped up on the roof with 45’ of 7/8” cable while I got the K-60 and a cord out. By the time I got the machine out Jared had already popped the stoppage but wanted to make sure it cleared our lateral. While using the K-60 he hit another spot at 80’ so he ran 105’ which would be around 15’ into the County line.

With the drains flowing smoothly we went ahead and cleaned everything up and put the tools away. Total time to run the drain was less than a ½ hour from when Brenda reported the news to us to when Jared was in his truck headed for work. Anyone who complains about sectional machines taking too long to snake a line is doing something wrong.

Mark

Comment

mark, what took so long

you could have called me.

steve , i , and a few others spent 3 hours driving to lake perris tonight to watch the sprint car races.

got there in time to watch the 30 lap final.

best part was it was skirt night and all us guys wore skirts to get in for $5.00 with $1.00 hot dogs and $2.00 beers. since i don't drink i bought the $3.00 pepsi

like i said, you should have called me. it would have been better and i still would have worn the skirt for you

sorry but i don't have photos but steves daughter does

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                      X