Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fernco Pipe Patch

nice photo gene.

i was expecting a cast iron or clay sewer. pvc and abs is very slick and will be much easier than cast or clay. you already know that from camering jobs.

how flexible was that push rod assy? did it hang up on anything? the packer is how long and the patch is only 2'. i know there are other companies that have 5' packers. so this 4' section ended up costing over $100. a foot for the materials. and the packer, push rods, and regulator was another $1200. i would think that you can buy the material in a bulk roll and save some money.

rick.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 08-01-2007, 10:20 AM. Reason: typos, late night
    phoebe it is

Comment

nice photo gene.
      Yeah, about time I figured out how to post a pic. Turns out my camera was set to poster size pics.

Doing a clay line at 62' this morning so I'll have a better idea (and more pics) of the push potential.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Everything went pretty good today other then spending two hours trying to get a small piece of clay pipe out of the patch area. That damm thing would not move in or out no matter what I did. It was just big enough that it wouldn't get past the next joint. Then I noticed every time a big truck went by I could see the ground move and ooze in a bit. Noticing it was do or die time I sent it in and put the air to it before it collapsed. Then I sat and bit my nails for 1 1/2hr waiting for it to cure. When I pulled the packer out and sent the camera in I found that that piece was pushed right back into the void. THANK GOD! The only problem was this break to was just over 2' so it required two patches. The rep claims they are working on a 4' patch that should be out fairly soon. I'd at least see a 3' patch. They have 4' for 6" and up.
        The push was no problem at all. 3 45s in the first 5' so at one point the packer was in all three at the same time.
        Total cost to customer, $1400. Total cost to me, $??????. That piece of clay moving into that void, PRICELESS.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Gene Bickford; 08-05-2007, 11:54 AM. Reason: Realized I shouldn't be putting profit/loss out 4 the world to see
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Hey guys, I've been doing a lot of research on Fernco's pipe patch versus perma-patch from perma-liner. Fernco's pipe patch seems to take the cake. Our company is CF Manufacturing. We are the master distributor/manufacturer of Pam manhole covers by CertainTeed www.pamcovers.com (ductile iron, hinged, watertight, lockable) Sealguard Sealing Sloutions www.sealguardinc.com It was brought to my attention that pipe patch is becoming very popular. I just wanted to hear pros and cons that any of you may have. also any info on perma-patch from perma-liner. thanks guys!
          Eric Melvin
          CF Manufacturing
          CF Sales

Comment

Duct tape - DIY fix huh.

glad your repair went well, out of interest what make of camera is it in the picture ?

Anyone tried a 90 degree patch yet ?

We have done one in a damaged rest bend to a soil vent pipe, it had been damaged by roots, after cutting and patching it is like new!

Wouldn't it be nice if we could throw away the spades altogether lol

John

Comment

I have not used Perma patch but i did look into them quit a bit before I found the Fernco system, now known as Source One Pipe Patch (Source One bought the rights from Fernco).

The biggest reason I went with Source One was start up cost.
              Perma Liner wanted 4 times as much money plus I would have had to travel to FL for training. Also had to buy a bunch of patches.

Source One.
              Sent trainer to me (no cost). I can buy 1 patch at a time if I choose.
              I didn't have to buy their entire patch system. I bought just enough to get started in 4" patching.

Comment

Originally posted by Winky UK View Post
                Duct tape - DIY fix huh.

glad your repair went well, out of interest what make of camera is it in the picture ?

Anyone tried a 90 degree patch yet ?

We have done one in a damaged rest bend to a soil vent pipe, it had been damaged by roots, after cutting and patching it is like new!

Wouldn't it be nice if we could throw away the spades altogether lol

John
                General Gen-Eye 2 camera.
                Exact same camera as a GatorCam just different color

Comment

With the perma liner system you could have done it in just one try. I have done up to 15 ft point repairs using the perma liner system. But you are right about perma liner being more expensive. You should have gone to florida for the training jerry is one hell of a good host. I went a few years ago and had a good time.
                  Last edited by alsdrainservice; 08-28-2009, 07:23 PM.
                  Two men Have died for you. One is Jesus Christ the other is the american soldier. One died for your soul The other for your freedom.

Comment

Working...
                  X