X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernco Pipe Patch

I just had dinner with a Fernco Rep and I'm doing my first pipe patch in the morning. In 15hrs I'll be a factory trained installer.
    I've been driving myself nuts since last week trying to pull this all together and at the last minute everything fell into place.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Re: Fernco Pipe Patch

Ummm, question, what does a fernco certification allow you to do? teach you to do? I personally have never heard about Fernco certification.
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
      I just had dinner with a Fernco Rep and I'm doing my first pipe patch in the morning. In 15hrs I'll be a factory trained installer.
      I've been driving myself nuts since last week trying to pull this all together and at the last minute everything fell into place.
      Do they do street main sewer saddles

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GvjwQhfwCc

Shortest video I could find.
        No dig patch repair.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

That video makes it look like the pipe ID is significantly reduced or was it just the camera angle as they say in Hollywood?

This is what they say in Hollywood isn't it Rick?
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

This is just like Permaliner.

Liner equipment, the id is smaller, but not by very much.

Thanks for the cool video, glad to learn Fernco does this
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

Yes. It is just like permaliner but half the cost to get started.

Comment

Neat system let's us know how it goes on your repair.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

i've looked into the fernco system for a couple of years now.

the biggest issue is the push rod system they use. it's a joke. let me know what fittings you have to push it through and how far it needs to go.

i've discussed the issues with my fernco rep and he would be thrilled if i come up with a better push rod/ air delivery system. i know i can, but just haven't spent the time to do it. i've already got the idea in my head and can make it at my buddies machine shop.

it's also approx. $215. for a 4'' x 2' patch kit. plus the equipment.

not a real bargain.

gene please take pictures and let us know the entry point, fitting and distance from a real pros perspective. salesmen are not pros.

thanks,

rick
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,

Can you negotiate fittings with this system? I assumed it was for straight shots going from man hole to man hole.

Mark

Comment

mark the idea was to push it through a combi and the asst. pipe and fittings to the premeasured location determined by your camera inspection.

in real life the push rod assy is nothing more than 1/2'' sch. 80 pvc with air quick connect fittings every 5' for joining. this is the real stumbling block for me. i know i can redesign the push rod assy. and make it work like a seesnake does.

that's why i am asking ben for his photos and specs on the job.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,

It seemed like all of the patches I saw videos of went from man hole to man hole.

It seems like they would be better off pulling with a SS cable than pushing with PVC. They could still drag an air hose behind the patch to inflate the repair.

Mark

Comment

mark with a cable, that would require a downstream cleanout.

with a push rod, all that's needed is 1 cleanout.

the push rods are stiff, but too cumbersome with the air fittings.

rick.

gene will be a good judge of the product.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            mark with a cable, that would require a downstream cleanout.

with a push rod, all that's needed is 1 cleanout.

the push rods are stiff, but too cumbersome with the air fittings.

rick.

gene will be a good judge of the product.
                            Like I said the examples I looked at had man hole access from either side. I thought this was just mean for municipal lines, Is it also meant for private laterals?

Mark

Comment

Never mind I found on the web site they make 3" though 10" packers so it must be used for laterals as well. I need a new lateral at my place but I think I will go with PVC or SDR replacement.

mark

Comment

Working...
                              X