Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you use to cut tree roots?

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    Rick, why not use a jetter instead of the expanding cutter to clean the line throughly once the line was partially cleared? How are the expanding cutters to use intially? Are they better for just cleaning the pipe up? Those roots look nasty, glad we don't have those up here.
    the reason i didn't use the jetter instead of the cable was the lawn/ sod was only a couple of weeks old. with the jetter you would have lots of waste water coming up through the clean out and all over the new lawn and plants.

also the cost to jet is more than cabling so i saved the owner the mess and extra expenses.

ben i hope a jetter is not on your wish list your wife will put a "hit" out for me

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post
      I don't think I ever seen anyone so happy about sewer roots. Kinda looks like a new daddy Also the way you have the cables laid out all over the place. Can you say "law suit" One of the many formans on the job trip and fall " my back my back" better you than me.
      i was happy, the homeowner was thrilled and my buddy who spent 2 hours the the night before was glad it was fixed.

as far as cable goes. the neighborhood was out there watching me work. don't think anyone wanted to get too close to the muck. the few people close were my buddy a plumbing contractor and his mechanic.

their block party is end of the month and i'm invited.

i'll be making root soup with my catch. very tasty

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I'm trying to calculate my expenses to see what I'm getting next. I'm leaving VA in late 08 and don't know where I'm going next so I can't do a big investment. I'm ordering the k39 tonight, are you still going to buy it if I don't like it? Then I'm looking at a seesnake, then a jetter. My wife thinks all the guys, not just you get me to buy stuff. I ran out of stuff to buy on the AC side. I buy just one of everything not 10of the same thing unlike some people I know.
        Last edited by gear junkie; 08-10-2007, 07:42 PM. Reason: forgot
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

i'll be making root soup with my catch. very tasty

rick.
          stick to plumbing, leave the jokes to duck. Joey, what do you do with all corn(y)?
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gobby View Post

I don't get this, can someone please explain this blue thing to me??
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

i'm not a licensed plumber but i think it means that sometimes you should "search" before opening a new thread and repeating a sometimes dumb or redundant question.

steve
              In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I dont need no K-60....rotflmao

http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

speaking of that..this is my hubby's job a year ago

Comment

Nice picture...
                    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I think Robert holds the title of longest root ball. How long was that? 5ft+?
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I`m rebuilding a big old house and when I tried to clean the sewer it was a "no go" the old sewer was clay and had a 50` root mass 4" round Needless to say I had to replace 50` of the main line. I broke off the clay and had to use my saw to cut the 50` root mass in 1/2 so I could load it up to take it to the dump.
                        Pretty bad when the worse sewer you have ever had is your own.....rotflmao
                        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                          I`m rebuilding a big old house and when I tried to clean the sewer it was a "no go" the old sewer was clay and had a 50` root mass 4" round Needless to say I had to replace 50` of the main line. I broke off the clay and had to use my saw to cut the 50` root mass in 1/2 so I could load it up to take it to the dump.
                          Pretty bad when the worse sewer you have ever had is your own.....rotflmao
                          Is that a typo? 50' root ball?!
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I found a 20 footer in a 6" storm line once. I thought it was a world record until I read All Clears post.

Comment

My boss has pictures of a 35' grease clog he cleared in Spain. The grease looks like logs sitting on 3 wheelbarrows. He used a rodder to get the grease out.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                                I dont need no K-60....rotflmao

Wow, you got lucky! Why didn't you use the 7500 in the background? That machine is a bit undersized for main drains.
                                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X