Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you use to cut tree roots?

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    My boss has pictures of a 35' grease clog he cleared in Spain. The grease looks like logs sitting on 3 wheelbarrows. He used a rodder to get the grease out.
    WOW, now thats something to be proud of, seriously...any chance of getting those pics on here????
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I don't know how to scan a picture to digital.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Is that a typo? 50' root ball?!
        Yea because there was another 6` of tail in the rest of the sewer that I didn't replace, so I guess it was 56`
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Wow, you got lucky! Why didn't you use the 7500 in the background? That machine is a bit undersized for main drains.
          I didn't know what I was getting in to till I got stuck and by then it was to late I pulled and pulled trying to make a few bends to get it back up a closet bend. I could push out but couldn't pull back so I knew I had snagged a big catch I did the 50` line in just under 30min.
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I wish I still had the picture of my dad standing next to his trophy 90 foot willow tree root monster. It actually made the paper back in the mid 60's. Of course me being in grade school really didn't want my friends seeing such a picture. Kids are cruel.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Tieger plumbing
              when called to a stoppage I normally when going through the main house trap use either the General super 90 or the Ridgid 750 with the root cutter head or the 2 U to start. 3/4" snake

Very rare do I do a main sewer with the 1/2" snake and NEVER with a 3/8

I then increase the head size until the snake cames back clean

If I encounter lines over 6" or over 100' I use the electric eel 11/4 sectional

Ahhh the electric eel...what a wonderfull machine...i used for years.. i miss that machine...that thing would go thru anything..

Greg
              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

if you do alot of main sewer line best machine to use is spartan 2001 or duracable dm 55 with 11/16 cable for roots i use a 4X6 blade some times you have to use a smaller one first like a 3X3 worst case have to start with a single and then a 4X6 theses machines are better than sectionals cable is in a drum and can carry up to 150 feetand then install root-x right away if customer wants to spend the money i garentee 6 months with out root-x and 1 year with

Comment

I was so happy to see greg back, then I saw how old the thread was.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

greg is suppose to be back at the roundup.

so we can all play dirty again

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                    X