X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetting damage foam core pipe?

Foam core pvc is gaining popularity around here. Will jetting damage these pipes?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Jetting damage foam core pipe?

ben, were you reading mine and roberts roots post last night?

depending on the psi and gpm of the machine. as the pressure goes up, the potential of damage can go up.

drain jetters typically don't exceed 4000psi at the machine. then minus the hose friction and length, you might deliver only 3700# at the nozzle.

there is a very good test with photos on the warthog site to show pressures, psi, material, & exposure time.

i find that in plastic, the line clears so quickly that it's never been an issue. when i camera lines i see the tell tale signs of the snake and cable wear around fittings. i haven't seen signs of a jetter wearing the pipe or fittings.

but the day is not over yet

ben is the wife going to let you buy a jetter? am i in trouble now

need some recommendations

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, I didn't see your guys' post last night. Just wondering about shooting a whole through a foam core pipe. The pvc veneer is extremely thin. My next big toy is a see snake. The jetter will come afterwards. I told my wife that Robert is pushing the see snake. HAHAHA. Just kidding
      Last edited by gear junkie; 08-06-2007, 09:45 PM. Reason: forgot
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Me and Pop like to use Foam Core..but not in underground situations.

Comment

I am in the market for a new jetter. It will be my first one. Should i go portable or trailor. Gas or electric? What is the best brand..

Comment

Gas fore sure. Get the biggest one you can afford. The one we use puts out 4000psi and twenty gallons a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by ccouch View Post
              I am in the market for a new jetter. It will be my first one. Should i go portable or trailor. Gas or electric? What is the best brand..
              Depends on what you want to use it for..Resi, or commercial, or both. Size of lines you want to do...I have a trailor and mini. The trailer i will only use on 4-10in pipe. The smaller jetter for 1 1/2 to 4in. They both work great for the applications. If your doing just residential, then i would recommend a mini, maybe 3000-4000psi, 5gpm, that will do just fine, 1/4in hose, at those pressure you can still cut tree roots out of lines. either or, they will both do a good job, obviously the trailer will have better pressure and better flow. Also would depend on how often you would use it.
              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Working...
              X