What does the K in model# mean?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does the K in model# mean?

Is there any significane in the "K"? All the drain cleaning machines have a "K" precede the model #. Why?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: What does the K in model# mean?

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    Is there any significane in the "K"? All the drain cleaning machines have a "K" precede the model #. Why?
    k is for kollman. kollman was the company that made the drain cleaners and then was purchased by ridgid.

correct

rick.

or it could stand for root killer
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick

Correct

If you look at some of the early models they have RIDGID-KOLLMAN on the name plates. Ridgid bought up Kollman some time ago. If I find more, I'll try to remember to post links here.

Update: They may still say Ridgid-Kollman on them. I haven't looked that close in some time. I'm not into drain cleaning or plumbing other than at my own place and no big jobs. Maybe I should take a look when I have time at new ones and see what's on the name plates.
      Last edited by Woussko; 08-07-2007, 05:30 PM.

Comment

I may be wrong but I thought Kollmann was still included on the machine label. Every once in a while you will find an old patent drawing of the old Kollmann machines which look like the start of the current K-50.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

On our sectinal..it says K-75A

Comment

Working...
          X