Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ever get sick from drain cleaning?

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
    I`m having a hard time figuring out where you stole my picture from????

If your gonna steel it, you should at least not pixel it up so bad when you blow it up

LICENSED to work in
    All 5 Boroughs
    including Nassau
    County and Suffolk
    County
    I should tell my parents that they're home in Suffolk is now one of the five boroughs too.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
      Here's mine! Name that sled!

I've had that image on my site for years.
      Looks like a Marco
      Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 09-22-2008, 11:15 AM.
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
        I should tell my parents that they're home in Suffolk is now one of the five boroughs too.
        RADIO Dispatched
        Service

Guess he`s never heard of cell phones either
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I've taken damage from drain cleaning.

In the early 70's, when I knew nothing about it, I worked at a state mental hospital with an older plumber (the age I am now!) and we commonly cleaned drains with either heavy-duty chemicals or steam. Occasionally, we'd put a hose into a floor drain and wrap a wet rag around it and stand on it while blowing the drain clean. The state of Idaho was very parsimonious with their help - no equipment.

One of the chemicals was called, IIRC, MD-25 from National Chemsearch. It had bits of magnesium in it to activate it when it hit water. We would commonly go into a commercial tiled bathroom and pour a scoop of it into the drain and run for the door. We'd come back later and hose down the floor.

I pretty much lost my sense of smell on that job. Luckily, that was about all.

Maybe 10 years ago, I pulled a toilet in a house and found the line full of roots. I tried to cut the roots away from the top of the toilet flange with a ball pien hammer. It splashed into my eye, and I think I wound up with hep B from it, though I'm not sure. I just knew when I did it that I'd contracted some horrible thing.

I had serious digestion problems after that - food didn't seem to digest at all and went through me quickly. I'm pretty much back to normal these days, whatever normal is. I never had it diagnosed, so it may have been anything.

Comment

After reading some of these stories, I think I should wear a respirator and safety goggles. Who knows. It's probably as dangerous as removing asbestos from pipes.

The only time I got sick from inhaling anything was the time I got a big whiff of air brake anti-freeze and I was sick for about a week. That sucked
            YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

I got splattered on my cheek once. A funny spot grew there for a week or so.

Thank goodness I have already have kids.

Comment

Working...
              X