X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-39af Question

I have a K-40 with a 5/16x35' innercore cable with a speedbump. I just got a k-39af today. Is there any reason why I can't use that speedbump cable with a k39af?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: K-39af Question

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    I have a K-40 with a 5/16x35' innercore cable with a speedbump. I just got a k-39af today. Is there any reason why I can't use that speedbump cable with a k39af?
    no but i would save it for the k-40.

skip that, use it on the k-39 and get rid of the 40

let me know how things work with the 39, so i can keep teasing you more about the 40

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, what are you going to do if the k-40 turns out to be better? Are you going to buy a k-40 then? The speedbump cable wasn't in the cable list for the k-39.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Rick, what are you going to do if the k-40 turns out to be better? Are you going to buy a k-40 then? The speedbump cable wasn't in the cable list for the k-39.
        ben, you know i own a k40. i had one of the very first ones to hit the market. i guess i was the guinea pig

you don't need a speed bump on the 39 as it will not feed the entire cable out. it will hold approx. 5' of cable in the drum that won't feed out. the bump is there to give you warning that the cable is coming to an end.

now when you do like the 39, will you retire the 40

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I will happily retire my k-40 IF the 39 lives up to your praising. You've built it up so much, I almost expect it to snake, jet and camera lines all at the same time. What was the problems you had with the k40?
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I will happily retire my k-40 IF the 39 lives up to your praising. You've built it up so much, I almost expect it to snake, jet and camera lines all at the same time. What was the problems you had with the k40?
            there was a machine out there that did snake and jet. it was a marco and it was a joke. got to give them credit for coming up with the idea, but the design was a joke.

basically it was an electric 3/4'' machine with an electric jetter built in. the hose was the innercore of the cable. the issue was that the jetter was so small that unless you had a good filter on the water, it would plug the nozzle jets. it put out maybe 1000# at 1.5gpm.

remember you had to plug it in and not trip a breaker.

my 2h.p electric jetter draws 18 amps and runs at 1500# 2.1 gpm. so when you think about that, there is no way a motor can spin a drum and another motor run a jetter with any kind of performance on the same circuit.

there are a handful of jetters with cameras. the problem is they need a 6'' line to work together. since the majority of my work is accessed from 4'' and smaller cleanouts, i had to pass.

now for the k-40 problems. call me i'll tell you

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
            X