X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gorlitz opinions

anybody use gorlitz machines????????? Im thinking of buying two of them any help you can give will be appreciated thanx Bob Clark

Re: gorlitz opinions

bob, that's a machine that i don't own

the factory is fairly close by in santa fe springs, calif. i do know the owners, father and 2 sons. i can tell you that they know what they are doing. i've been to their plant and was very impressed. i see them a coupl of times a year at trade shows and they always listen to my opinions and comments. if i didn't own a ton of ridgid, i would own gorlitz.

sorry i can't get you first hand info on their machines, but i wouldn't hesitate to buy their stuff.

what is wrong with ridgid equipment

what size machines are you looking at?

maybe we can convince you to go ridgid

ask us about sectionals and the k-50 and k-60

gorlitz doesn't make sectionals

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick not own a piece of plumbing equipment!!!!!!!! Who are you and what have you done with Rick.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

We have one, not sure of the model but it's the biggest mainline machine they make. Very well built and quiet but the motor does not torque down/slow down when you hit an obstruction, so it's easy to snap a cable, or your hand! :0

I wouldn't use one myself.....
        Last edited by TomSV650; 08-16-2007, 12:09 AM.

Comment

I've used gorlitz machines for 9 of the 10 years I've cleaned and I don't have anything bad to say about them. TomSV is right, they don't torque down when coming across an obstruction so you have to be careful till you get to know the machine and cable. It will flip, whether in the basket or in your hand. Fortunately, I've never had one flip in the line (knock on wood) but I hear it can happen. The HD68 is a mean machine and tough as he##. Where I'm at we have to have optional foot pedals and sled style machines due to applications and that's why we go with gorlitz. I used gorlitz in Colorado, taking it up and down stairs and it was not user friendly. If you only have to do stairs here and there then it's ok, but not everytime. You'll want an upright machine from another manufacturer (like ridgid). I also did some modifications on my power feed and the area it's located to make things easier for me.
          The 50 is what we use for auxillary lines. You can choose the cable size, 5/16 or 3/8, you want. I would go with the 3/8 myself. I liked the 50 better when the handle was separate cause it does get in the way the way it is now. We have a separate basket for the 50 that carries 75 feet of 1/2 inch cable for doing branch mains from the roof or big lines that have p-traps.
          I carry the 15 for tub lines, condensate pipe, soda machine hoses and other whatnot. It serves its purpose.
          The machines are good machines for what they go thru. Just little odds and ends you have work out. It's not the only machine I would go with if I had the choice but for my application it suits the need. They are expensive machines but they pay for themselves I don't know how many fold.
          I've never used a sectional before so you definitely want to get some info on them from Plumber Rick and the other guys. A sectional is probably my next big purchase.

Comment

Gorlitz is a good machine , and strong . I like the fact that the same motor pushes the smaller as well as the larger cable . For that reason it is my favorite roof top machine .THe power can get you into trouble if you bull it. JUst take up the size cable you want , with the proper guide , and you're good to go in minutes . What I don't like is the open drum flinging the good stuff all over .If you get the Gorlitz , purchase the drum covers . They also have a collapseable type of screen which sets up on the side of the drum . Not as good as drum covers because of the space requirements though .

Comment

Originally posted by apf View Post
              Gorlitz is a good machine , and strong . I like the fact that the same motor pushes the smaller as well as the larger cable . For that reason it is my favorite roof top machine .THe power can get you into trouble if you bull it. JUst take up the size cable you want , with the proper guide , and you're good to go in minutes . What I don't like is the open drum flinging the good stuff all over .If you get the Gorlitz , purchase the drum covers . They also have a collapseable type of screen which sets up on the side of the drum . Not as good as drum covers because of the space requirements though .

I have a solid plastic cover on my Duracable, it is very clean. I have the largest mainline duracable makes, I like it, no problems at all.

I have alot of experience with Sparten, great machine, I used a Gorlitz many years ago, about 7 years ago before I got my duracable, no complaints except for the cover, it was a plastic fabric one, not very clean, not like the solid plastic cover of duracable, or the solid metal cover of sparten
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

I have used many machines and I`ll stick with my Ridgid machine hands down!

Dont like the cables right now but the machines are treating me good.
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I Have Used Gorlitz Mach's, Of Ever Size And Kind, Currently I Own A
                  Gorlitz 380/250 Wth 1 Drum 3/8"x60' Cable, 1 Drum 1/4" Or 5/16" X 50'
                  To Clear Small Drains, I Have Used A Vast Assortment Of Mach's,
                  By Many Mfg's I Like Trojan Sewer Mach's, Which Is Just Like Spartan Equipment, Gorlitz Makes A Plastic Drum Or Alum. Drum
                  It Just Depends On What Type Of Mach, You Are Looking For??
                  E-mail Me Any Thing, I Can Answer For You About Different Kinds Or Brands Of Equipment I Will!!

Jerrymac Masterplumber And Drain Cleaner
                  JERRYMAC
                  E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                  CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                  FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                  SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Never tried that brand of machine.. I use Spartan machines. IMO, they are the best qaulity made machine on the market.

Comment

Yeah, if I could I would be cleaning with duracable all day. The 55, a j-max, and a mini-max. I just wish the foot pedals were optional. I guess I could buy a 55 and bypass the pressure switch, then I would need an on/off switch somewhere handy. Hm...I don't know. I do know that duracable is a very well made machine, and like the gorlitz doesn't torque down upon obstruction, sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes it's a bad thing. Expensive machines but well worth it. Customer service is above par also. Simple company. Pretty much machines, cables, accessories, couple of tools and drain treatments.

Comment

Originally posted by draintech1 View Post
                        Yeah, if I could I would be cleaning with duracable all day. The 55, a j-max, and a mini-max. I just wish the foot pedals were optional. I guess I could buy a 55 and bypass the pressure switch, then I would need an on/off switch somewhere handy. Hm...I don't know. I do know that duracable is a very well made machine, and like the gorlitz doesn't torque down upon obstruction, sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes it's a bad thing. Expensive machines but well worth it. Customer service is above par also. Simple company. Pretty much machines, cables, accessories, couple of tools and drain treatments.
                        YES DURA CABLE IS THE WHOLESALE SIDE OF ROTO ROOTER COMPANY'
                        I HAVE USED THEIR MACH'S FOR A WHILE I WAS WORKING AT A ROTO ROOTER FRINCISE IN NORTHERN WASHINGTON STATE,

JERRYMAC MASTERPLUMBER & MASTERDRAIN MAN
                        JERRYMAC
                        SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

I Now Prefer Trojan Tool Sewer Equipment; They Make The Only Line Of Commc, Grade D/c Powered Mainline Mach's That Will
                          Run All Day And Nite On 1 Charge. No Looking For Plugs Or Running That 100' Ft Ext. Cord And You Cannot Get Elect. Shock From Ungrounded Outlets, Which Will Happen Even With A G.f.j. Cord If It's Plugged Into A Ungrounded Outlet,
                          Also They Make A Line Of Stainless Steel Sewer Cable That Will Not Break In Acid Lines!!!!

They Are Made Like Spartan Mach's, In The Same Sizes

Jerrymac
                          JERRYMAC
                          SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Yeah I was suprised that they were made so well for who they are associated with. I have definitely cleaned lines with alot worse that's for sure.
                            You know I've seen the batt. operated machine you're talking about. Not in front of me but in a magazine and online. I was wondering how long those things would go on a charge. If all day and nite is correct then that's pretty good for the load they are put under. Sure does make things easier. Do you own one?

Comment

Hello!
                              I've used the GorlitzHD for about ten years.It is my everyday machine. I think that they are the best machines going. I bought a ridgid k6200 two years ago to try out and liked it alot except the power feed wouldn't stay tight and the techs would foul up the cable in a heartbeat.

After using a lighter machine, the GorlitzHD seemed like a chore. So I bought the plastic drum that fits the Gorlitz Go 62 and a reel of 5/8 cable. I had to slide the drive plate up closer to the end of the shaft to allow for the shallower reel, but this was a simple task. Now I can actually fit the machine through bathroom doors without taking it apart.!

(for those of you that might be used to sectionals, the 5/8" continuous cables are much stiffer than the 5/8" cables that the K 50 and K 60 use)

It does have a torque learning curve with the lighter cable, but the setup is lighter and faster, with less fatigue when working all day.
                              I also carry a K-60sp on the truck for roof access and other areas that are hard to access. I wouldn't leave the shop without it. I bought K60 from the cable center in ST louis, and saved some $$.

Although I like the Gorlitz machines, i've never used their cable for very long. THey just don't seem to hold up. I usually buy the Duracable brand cables and blades(!), but have had success with Service Spring Corp's cables also (draincables.com)

Comment

Working...
                              X