X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K 750 Question

I recently aquired a used K 750. When I got it there was about 10' of cable hanging out of it. When I plugged it in I found the motor and foot pad work but I cannot get the cable to feed or retract. It feels like it's snagged in the feed tube.

Any suggestions on how to get the cable out so I can oil it and re-feed it back in the drum?

Thanks,

Brian

Re: K 750 Question

It Sounds Like The Cable May Be Turned In The Drum, You Would Need To Take Drum Apart, To Correct This Look At Ridgid Tool Breakdown To Find Out How To Remove Drum And To Breakdown The Drum; You May Have To Buy A New Cable???

Post New Answer On Net Or Any Questons??

Jerrymac Masterplumber Masterdrainman
    JERRYMAC
    E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
    CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
    FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
    SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

brian, i would start off removing the auto feed by unscrewing the 5/8'' bolt that secures it in front. then you should be able to look inside the drum easier. i would think that the cable has flipped on you. then you wcan remove the entire drum by unscrewing the nut that secures the drum and torque tube. just be careful when you attempt to remove the cable as there could be 100' of tight wound cable ready to jump out at you.

maybe a good photo will help out too. also look up the parts breakdown on the support section at the top of this forum.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for the quick responses. I finally figured it out. I believe when the last person to use the machine when spooling in the cable let it go into the drum loose and it roll on itself. My Son and I finally got the cable out of the drum stretched down the driveway, oiled down and re-spooled. I hand spooled most of it and use the auto feed for about the last 25' or so. All seems to work well.

Again thanks for the help.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by JERRYMAC View Post
          It Sounds Like The Cable May Be Turned In The Drum, You Would Need To Take Drum Apart, To Correct This Look At Ridgid Tool Breakdown To Find Out How To Remove Drum And To Breakdown The Drum; You May Have To Buy A New Cable???

Post New Answer On Net Or Any Questons??

Jerrymac Masterplumber Masterdrainman

Jerry, where can I find the Ridgid Tool Breakdown?

Comment

Here ya go.

http://www.ridgid.com/CatalogDocs/k750.pdf
            Last edited by silverbullet; 08-18-2007, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Go To Top Of Page Click On Products, Go To Drain Maintenice,
              Click On K-750, Up At The Top Right Hand Corner Will Show You The Owners Manuel And The Parts List , It Will Allow You To Down Load In The Owners Book Scroll Down To Show Where To Break Down And Service Mach, And Power Feed,

Jerrymac Master Drain Man
              JERRYMAC
              E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
              CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
              FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
              SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Got it. Thanks for all the help guys.

Comment

Working...
                X