Trojan tools drain equipment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trojan tools drain equipment

Alright Jerrymac, your shameless plugs have got my curiosity. What's so good about these machines? They look like spartan, any similarity? Anyone else have any experience with these machines.

Disclaimer:Jerrymac in no way shape or form gave anything of monetary value for me to post this question. I am doing this of my own volition.
    Last edited by gear junkie; 08-20-2007, 08:06 PM. Reason: can't spell, what else?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Trojan tools drain equipment

Yeah, he peaked my curiosity also ben, I have been researching them also, I like the battery idea, one charge, maybe, maybe not........

not sure if we could compare it to a spartan, gorlitz, duracable torque, how many rpm's? needed info that I didn't see on the site when I looked.
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

ben, a few years back i got a chance to speak to the owner of trojan manufacturing. they were originally a service center for spartan and know the weakness of the spartan machine. so they reworked the machine and called it a trojan. i was thinking of buying the battery powered unit, but i came up with a different idea

i'm not sure if stainless steel drain cable is a good thing. i did speak to a buddy that owns a manufacturing machine shop and he is not convinced that stainless wire will hold up as good as oil tempered. our snakes get washed off pretty good once we clear the stoppage and we oil them too. unless stainless is a better wire for cable strength, i don't why i would spend the money on this material.

do the research before you plop down the cash. plus i don't remember trojan making a sectional

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

To answer your ???'s yes the trojan is built like a Spartan but better made, imo. with years of running Spartans, i can safely say this no hype,
        to answer your other questons this has " m o r e" torque then a same size or style of A/C machine,
        i have tested this out myself,
        Right now they have special on D/C machines, where if you,
        Buy a new machine you can buy a extra battery at 1/2 the reqular price,
        and i have talk to professal plumber & drain man about stainless steel cable, they have told me that it doe's last 2-3 times as long as oil wire cable do'es send me a P/M if you want more details,
        OR you can phone me about any plumbing, drain, or water heater queston's you might have; i have done factory authorized service,
        On all national brands and some others you might never heard of
        anyway my home office phone is 801-746=6945 with voice mail,
        my cell phone is 801-347-2240,
        my E--MAIL is MACSALESANDSERVICE@DONOBI.NET,

P.S. for Joshua yes i do own all "RIDGID" tool's and other brands,
        for only those tool's RIDGID does'nt make
        JERRYMAC
        E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
        CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
        FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
        SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by JERRYMAC View Post

To answer your ???'s yes the trojan is built like a Spartan but better made, imo. with years of running Spartans, i can safely say this no hype,
          to answer your other questons this has " m o r e" torque then a same size or style of A/C machine,
          i have tested this out myself,
          Right now they have special on D/C machines, where if you,
          Buy a new machine you can buy a extra battery at 1/2 the reqular price,
          and i have talk to professal plumber & drain man about stainless steel cable, they have told me that it doe's last 2-3 times as long as oil wire cable do'es send me a P/M if you want more details,
          OR you can phone me about any plumbing, drain, or water heater queston's you might have; i have done factory authorized service,
          On all national brands and some others you might never heard of
          anyway my home office phone is 801-746=6945 with voice mail,
          my cell phone is 801-347-2240,
          my E--MAIL is MACSALESANDSERVICE@DONOBI.NET,

P.S. for Joshua yes i do own all "RIDGID" tool's and other brands,
          for only those tool's RIDGID does'nt make
          jerry not to stir the waters, but it's one thing to recommend a product when you have no affiliation with the company, and it's another thing when you are listed as a reseller on their web site.

typically the spam comes on the first post and it's a mass spamming of phones and electronics.

not to sure you can be unbiased in your opinions as a rep of the company

also that stainless cable you quoted. according to the company website, it's only listed in 13/32'' diameter. not a size we use for our root cutting machines.

don't mind your input of plumbing knowledge, but selling of products on a forum run by ridgid is not exactly what i would think is acceptable.

maybe it's just me, maybe it's not

plumber rick.

buyer of tools, seller of none
          phoebe it is

Comment

Well said guy's. This is a site sponsored by Ridgid, we stand by the product, we love the product, and we use the product. Ridgid has found a way to bring all the trades toghether to comment on their line of tools, and at the same time, learn and teach about the trades we are invlolved in.

If you wanna sell your product, go and start a trojan forum that sounds kinda dirty

Welcome to the forum, stay around, but don't sell me anything

Robert

buyer of tools
            seller of none

(thanks rick)
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

Jerry, your still more than welcome here and opinions on brands other than RIDGID are more than welcome. I think that you are here for the knowledge and interaction so I am giving you the benefit of the doubt and just calling you passionate about Trojan tools. Please be careful not to use the forum for selfish reason (example: selling tools through your store)

Its obvious you have some solid experience and you have/do work in the trade. The biggest guideline for spam prevention is "Is the user trying to take advantage of the community for personal profit" if ya are then your gone. I dont think thats the case with you. You can discuss Trojan tools but as soon as you start stearing people to purchase Trojan from you it gets a bit messy.

Thanks for understanding.

Josh

Comment

Think you josh.
                all i want to do is share plumbing, with a great bunch of guys,
                no more bussness talk and i do respect,

jerrymac
                JERRYMAC
                E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

BTW Jerry.. dont be afraid to talk about other brands I want to make sure you didnt take that from anyones comments. Just don't try to sell the other brands on the board to benefit yourself...

You're a great addition and I know your not here to sell tools.

I really care about the members on this board. In fact heres the way I feel about other brands on the board....

I want everyone to buy the absolute best tool for them regardless of brand. At the same time I really hope that the best tool is ours. If it isnt ours then we need to work even harder and learn from our customers comments.

Josh

Originally posted by JERRYMAC View Post
                  Think you josh.
                  all i want to do is share plumbing, with a great bunch of guys,
                  no more bussness talk and i do respect,

jerrymac

Comment

Sorry Jerry, I didn't know question would cause so much hate and discontent. I didn't mean to put you on the spot. I'm not sure what the big deal is.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      Sorry Jerry, I didn't know question would cause so much hate and discontent. I didn't mean to put you on the spot. I'm not sure what the big deal is.
                      ben, the big deal is that jerry is a rep for a competitor tools and is on ridgids site to promote his company.

i have nothing to sell, not even advise, good or bad

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

My gut tells me that Jerry is a valid member of the forum not a spamster. He may have jumped on an opportunity with both feet but lets give him the benefit of the doubt. Time will tell anyways so donut sweat it guys.
                        Last edited by Josh; 08-21-2007, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Just got off the phone with Jerry to apolgize to him. He's very knowledgeable about plumbing, let's hope he sticks around. Josh, sorry for the misunderstanding.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

All's well that ends well . Everyone said their peace , and no ones feelings got hurt . Good work Josh .It's about time you earned your keep ................I don"t recall anyone busting your chops on anything lately so I didn't want you to feel left out .

Comment

Working...
                            X