Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you could only have 1. . .

Zeljka,

Robert has probably not told you this as he is that type of guy but I offered to loan him my K-60 so he can play with it and see how he likes it. I no longer drain clean (except at my own home) and only use the K-60 for pushing a Sonde in a pipe where the camera will not make it. The only caveat will have to be if my old Orangeberg lateral gives me trouble in the middle of the night Robert will have to make a service call. Of course then again I guess I could use my K-50 to clear it and then wait for Robert to bring it back when he's ready.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      Zeljka,

Robert has probably not told you this as he is that type of guy but I offered to loan him my K-60 so he can play with it and see how he likes it. I no longer drain clean (except at my own home) and only use the K-60 for pushing a Sonde in a pipe where the camera will not make it. The only caveat will have to be if my old Orangeberg lateral gives me trouble in the middle of the night Robert will have to make a service call. Of course then again I guess I could use my K-50 to clear it and then wait for Robert to bring it back when he's ready.

Mark

Hehehe, I am going to take you up on your offer, I am just waiting till I get closer to the purchase of my own, I have it on my list

Of course now, I may want a k-50 also Not really, I will only need a k-60 as I have my other machines that work well for everything else, other then main line stoppages.

So why don't you have your lateral replaced yet? I know a guy............
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
        Hehehe, I am going to take you up on your offer, I am just waiting till I get closer to the purchase of my own, I have it on my list

Of course now, I may want a k-50 also Not really, I will only need a k-60 as I have my other machines that work well for everything else, other then main line stoppages.

When you borrow my K-60 take one of my K-50s for a spin as well. You might realize you need them both.

I have not replaced my upper lateral as of yet because it has not been too much of a problem in the last 30-years and 60' of it is under my driveway. However, both my driveway and my lateral are about ready for replacement so I will replace them at the same time.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post

would that guy be plumber rick

my pipe bursting machine is up for the offer.

plus you can see it in action

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            would that guy be plumber rick

my pipe bursting machine is up for the offer.

plus you can see it in action

rick.
            Yeah except that we already talked and you said it would not be the job for pipe-bursting.

Mark

Comment

I have to give a second vote for the Spartan 100.

Comment

I had a kitchen sink stoppage on saturday, no c/o, second floor kitchen, many of the kitchens in manhattan, redondo beach are on the second and third floor.

For some reason, they are all a pain, worse then any kitchen sink stoppages on single level houses, I ran three times, 50', couldn't clear it. I located a vent, I wasn't going up a vent, the customer couldn't hear me in the room below I ran it one last time, before I went on the roof, I ran about 4 feet in reverse, then after feeling what I felt on the cable, I ran it forward, cleared the stoppage. I used a spartan 100, I love this machine and am very good at using it, will I be able to have as much control with a k-50? Use the same technique to get around those horrible fittings?? Will I feel what I need to feel on the cable, like I do with a drum machine.

Thanks goodness it cleared, next step was the roof vent
                sigpic

Robert

Comment

Well, if you were sure you didn't go up the vent, you were probably going through the stoppage. Were you using 3/4 1-1.25 cutter? Sometimes you can run a line a dozen times and it just won't clear out, then on the thirteenth time it opens up :P

If you can't it with a spartan 100, your not going to get it with anything expect a jetter.

Comment

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
                    Well, if you were sure you didn't go up the vent, you were probably going through the stoppage. Were you using 3/4 1-1.25 cutter? Sometimes you can run a line a dozen times and it just won't clear out, then on the thirteenth time it opens up :P

If you can't it with a spartan 100, your not going to get it with anything expect a jetter.
                    i would take the k-50 open wind sectional cable over the tight wind 3/8'' cable any time for this kind of stoppage. assuming the 3/8'' cable was going through the stoppage, the tight wind cable has no augering affect.

the open wind not only cuts it's way through, but acts like a giant continuous auger. and it brings back lunch

a jetter from an inside kitchen waste line on an upper floor is no walk in the park.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                    X