Eating my words now days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating my words now days

Ok I went and did it...lol... just ordered a 7 gpm at 2600 psi Jetter. I`m working in a town here in Kansas that got completely wiped out by an F 5 1.7 mile wide Tornado. The sewers are full of mud so "YES" I now have a jetter in spite of what I think of em....rotflmao

Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NE9LJ9rNTU
    Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 09-01-2007, 11:10 AM.
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Re: Eating my words now days

Nothin' wrong with that. More money for you!

Comment

allclear, what brand of jetter? is it a trailer or skid mount? post a link. make sure you get a good set of nozzles. do you need to just flush the lines or clear debris?

7 gpm is not bad. you might be able to get by with a hose hook up and no tank. it's just on the edge of needing a storage tank.

i would guess it's a 20 horsepower machine.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I'd like to see it too

Comment

It will be on a trailer. I`ll get some pictures when it gets here in a few days.

Comment

C-726 Hydro Jetter.
            Big Flow 7 GPM 2600 PSI
            Our Industrial Grade Hydro Jetter is Strong & reliable and will out perform most other units out there, hands down all daylong. This unit has 75 % more flow then a 4GPM unit. This unit will walk circles around a 4 GPM unit.

Will work on sewer lines up to 12” with out any problems at all.
            Description:C – 726 Hydro jetting unit.

·Commercial Duty 16 HP OHV engine with electric start and low oil shut down alert.
            ·Udor Super Duty Gear Reduction drive triplex plunger pump. This pump has heavy duty aluminum alloy connecting rods 1 lb each – deeper back cover for increased oil capacity of 40 oz crank case capacity. This is a high-end pump and has a 5-year warranty backing it.
            ·Installed on the pump is an adjustable unloader with bypass system - E-Z start valve – Pulsating jetting valve.

Comment

jsut a suggestion,

If your hooking up via garden hoses, (especially if there pumped via a well and not city water), attach an whole house filter to the line before the jetter or washer pump. It may be very cheap insurance for your pump. (sand and high pressure pumps don't play well together).
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                C-726 Hydro Jetter.
                Big Flow 7 GPM 2600 PSI
                Our Industrial Grade Hydro Jetter is Strong & reliable and will out perform most other units out there, hands down all daylong. This unit has 75 % more flow then a 4GPM unit. This unit will walk circles around a 4 GPM unit.

Will work on sewer lines up to 12” with out any problems at all.
                Description:C – 726 Hydro jetting unit.

·Commercial Duty 16 HP OHV engine with electric start and low oil shut down alert.
                ·Udor Super Duty Gear Reduction drive triplex plunger pump. This pump has heavy duty aluminum alloy connecting rods 1 lb each – deeper back cover for increased oil capacity of 40 oz crank case capacity. This is a high-end pump and has a 5-year warranty backing it.
                ·Installed on the pump is an adjustable unloader with bypass system - E-Z start valve – Pulsating jetting valve.
                don't want to burst your bubble, but the specs they do a good job advertising are over rated

7 gallons per minute is decent, but is no match for a plugged 12'' line. cleaning is more about volume, than pressure.

i doubt you will be doing 12''. 4'' and 6'' is more up to speed here.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  don't want to burst your bubble, but the specs they do a good job advertising are over rated

7 gallons per minute is decent, but is no match for a plugged 12'' line. cleaning is more about volume, than pressure.

i doubt you will be doing 12''. 4'' and 6'' is more up to speed here.

rick.
                  poor guy, he didn't even get it yet and you rained on his parade.
                  To bad he didn't tell you what he was going to get before he bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by BILLG View Post
                    poor guy, he didn't even get it yet and you rained on his parade.
                    To bad he didn't tell you what he was going to get before he bought it.

BILL MEET RICK

Comment

I`m only needing it for 4" lines and maybe some 6" at most, so 7gpm should do the trick. If I was going to do 12" I would by a vac/jet truck

Comment

I'll start out with saying i do alot of looking and not much talking on this site but i might have some usefull information.

dont know if you have ever seen these large mud vacs or not, http://www.vermeer.com/vcom/Trenchle...p?PrdlnID=3614

They do work quite well. we used to make these in house but i dunno 5+ years back outsource most of it, not sure why but we do.

City that my dad works for bought one and they use it alot to make trenches between buried cables and lines when there isn't alot of room to trench or backhoe out.

i know they are way over rated for plumbing but never know if you really have that much cleanup work to do down there might be something to see if a rental is available somewhere.

there are other brands besides Vermeer that make these and i imagine they are all pretty similer.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                          I`m only needing it for 4" lines and maybe some 6" at most, so 7gpm should do the trick. If I was going to do 12" I would by a vac/jet truck
                          7gpm will be fine for that work

a $7,500 jetter investment sure beats a $300,000. investment.

question, since you already have a trailer for your work, could you skid mount it into the exisiting trailer, or do you know have to tow a set of doubles

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

It`s coming on a skid mount, I`m not sure if I`m gonna mount it in the trailer or in the back of the truck or on another trailer I have left over from a jet ski??? I keep thinking the back of the truck my be the best place?
                            What do you think Rick?
                            The Trailer is kinda full and hard to walk around as it is

Comment

One word: shelves
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X