X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K60 question

I manage some apartments and we are currently using two Marco machines. One machine with 3/8 cable for 1 1/2 inside lines. Another Marco with 3/4 cable for main lines.

The machines are beat and I'm looking at new machines.

I don't understand the sectional machines. Do you literally feed these machines sections of cable? If so, how do you keep "debris" from getting everywhere? Or is that you can feed this machine from a drum?

Thanks,

Marc

Re: K60 question

Marc,

The sectional machines have a guide hose on the rear of the machine which would keep the cable from making a mess. You could replace both of your Marcos with the one K-60.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

sounds like our buddy steve

polo.

why not a k-50 mark

no answer needed

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        sounds like our buddy steve

polo.

why not a k-50 mark

no answer needed

rick.
        Because he is replacing a machine for 1 1/2" and a machine for main lines. If he already had a main line machine worth keeping I would have recommended the K-50.

Mark

Comment

Mark,

Thanks for the reply. OK I see the guide hose, but at some point you have to pull the cable out of the guide hose, right? And then do what with it? Manually feed the sections into an enclosed drum? Does the guide hose have a whole in the end, or do you pull it back out the front of the machine. I'm watching the training videos for this thing and I see the guy flopping sections of snake all around and I'm thinking "they must be kidding."

I've tried watching all the videos for the K60 but only about 1/2 will run.

Another question... is 5/8 cable really feasible in 1 1/2 pipe?

Marc

Comment

Originally posted by marclee View Post
            Mark,

Thanks for the reply. OK I see the guide hose, but at some point you have to pull the cable out of the guide hose, right? And then do what with it? Manually feed the sections into an enclosed drum? Does the guide hose have a whole in the end, or do you pull it back out the front of the machine. I'm watching the training videos for this thing and I see the guy flopping sections of snake all around and I'm thinking "they must be kidding."

I've tried watching all the videos for the K60 but only about 1/2 will run.

Another question... is 5/8 cable really feasible in 1 1/2 pipe?

Marc
            Marc,

The 5/8" cables are extremly flexible and have no problem with 1 1/2 pipe.

The hose is open on both ends but you would want to pull them out of the front of the machine. It is really an effortless action so it is not a big deal. While clearing a drain I will try to have hot water running as I remove the cable and if needed I will wipe the cable off as I remove it from the drain. It really is a fairly neat process when done correctly.

It will take a little getting use to a sectional machine but most of us Pros consider the Marco to be a handyman drain cleaner while the Ridgid line is for Pros.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              Marc,

The 5/8" cables are extremly flexible and have no problem with 1 1/2 pipe.

The hose is open on both ends but you would want to pull them out of the front of the machine. It is really an effortless action so it is not a big deal. While clearing a drain I will try to have hot water running as I remove the cable and if needed I will wipe the cable off as I remove it from the drain. It really is a fairly neat process when done correctly.

It will take a little getting use to a sectional machine but most of us Pros consider the Marco to be a handyman drain cleaner while the Ridgid line is for Pros.

Mark
              are you calling my buddy steve a handyman? polo

i rarely use the guide hose. indoors i will use the hose or allow the 5/8'' section to wind into a 5 gallon bucket and stay there.

as mark says, it takes a little getting use to, but once you do, it will do a better job and also do jobs that a stiffer cable can't do. try running a 5 /8'' cable through a 1.5'' trap. the k-50 with 5/8'' sectional cable can do it.

rick.

ridgid fire up the k-60 assembly line, got another convert knocking at the door
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                are you calling my buddy steve a handyman?
                No of course not but if he doesn't sign up soon I will call him a girlie-man and it will be for more than using Marco snakes.

Mark

Comment

Mark, Steve just barely learned how to email his son in college. . .he is now in his senior year!
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                    Mark, Steve just barely learned how to email his son in college. . .he is now in his senior year!
                    Not a good enough excuse when he has Rick as a buddy.

Mark

Comment

I taught Rick! He didn't know anything about the internet before we were married.

I needed it for work, so I can work from home!

Steve doesn't have time for this craziness. He is a busy guy.
                      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

I taught Rick! He didn't know anything about the internet before we were married.

I needed it for work, so I can work from home!

Steve doesn't have time for this craziness. He is a busy guy.
                        So you are to blame for the monster you've created in Rick?

I'm just kidding and I know Steve with be here one day.

I hope all is well with you.

Mark

Comment

LOL! The forum is cheaper than ebay

I am holding up, thanks
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

[quote=MrsSeatDown;91329]I taught Rick! He didn't know anything about the internet before we were married.
                            quote]

so guys, you can all blame joey for my presence here

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

LOL! The forum is cheaper than ebay
                              That made me laugh out loud.

Comment

Working...
                              X