X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Useing drain cleaning machines

I do not know how many people know that your drain cleaning machines can be used very effectively to clean municipal water mains which gets partially or fully choked due to deposition of foreign material in drinking water pipe lines over a period of time.Try cut one of the water pipes in use and see the condition of inside the pipe.We have cleaned about 400 km of water mains of 3 to 6 inch dia. which were partially or almost fully choked due to deposition of salts in hard water and other salts and solid particles or sand etc

Re: Useing drain cleaning machines

I dont know if i would want to put my cables in a water line. I dont care what you have to disinfect, or clean, whatever...
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Comment

You can use machines exclusively for water pipe cleaning

Comment

Does your water supply go through a treatment plant before being distributed? A brand new jetter might have more luck. What's your common method of cleaning out these lines?
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Prahlad S Gupta View Post
            I do not know how many people know that your drain cleaning machines can be used very effectively to clean municipal water mains which gets partially or fully choked due to deposition of foreign material in drinking water pipe lines over a period of time.Try cut one of the water pipes in use and see the condition of inside the pipe.We have cleaned about 400 km of water mains of 3 to 6 inch dia. which were partially or almost fully choked due to deposition of salts in hard water and other salts and solid particles or sand etc

As soon as you said km...i knew you are one of my own

India? Oh maybe not really

Comment

Oh My, yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

the typical method is to use a truck mounted winch with aircraft wire rope and a tapered "pig" scraper. the cable is fished through with a rodder type of machine and then the fun begins.

our local mains are cement lined and require relining every 50 years or sooner to protect the pipe.

rick.

i think you're the second guest from india welcome
                phoebe it is

Comment

How does the sedimentation get out of the line and not just scraped off. Do they open a hydrant?
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

this makes me wonder about house supply lines.

i live in a condo with common water lines and i'm sure that, after 50 yeas, our galvanized piping is probably gunked up.

at my brother's high rise condo all the main supply lines were replaced because of blockages

would a small jetter work to clean out the lines. i heard there are chemicals that can clean the lines but since i'll be drinking the water afterwards that doesn't sound very appealing.

Comment

I`m thinking "Water Leak!"

Comment

Originally posted by jcanedo View Post
                        this makes me wonder about house supply lines.

i live in a condo with common water lines and i'm sure that, after 50 yeas, our galvanized piping is probably gunked up.

at my brother's high rise condo all the main supply lines were replaced because of blockages

would a small jetter work to clean out the lines. i heard there are chemicals that can clean the lines but since i'll be drinking the water afterwards that doesn't sound very appealing.
                        my brother in law is an e.r. doctor in houston. i'll give him the heads up when they try

a small jetter is not for hard stoppages or stalactites. they need sandblasting , scraping, and relining or replacement.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

I don’t understand why drain clogged with solid particals, with send it may be. how it comes if there is no space. I do prefer to call plumbers when my drain is blocked to clear it as soon as possible. some plumbers are experienced and can quickly unclog any blocked drains or some indicator may be for them ,to listen and look for include a gulping or gurgling sound coming from the toilet or the floor waste when water is in use. Early discovery of a blocked drain can reduce the labor involved for a plumber to unclog and clear it. you can also know about it http://www.detroitplumberscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by molly123 View Post
                            I don’t understand why drain clogged with solid particals, with send it may be. how it comes if there is no space. I do prefer to call plumbers when my drain is blocked to clear it as soon as possible. some plumbers are experienced and can quickly unclog any blocked drains or some indicator may be for them ,to listen and look for include a gulping or gurgling sound coming from the toilet or the floor waste when water is in use. Early discovery of a blocked drain can reduce the labor involved for a plumber to unclog and clear it. you can also know about it http://www.detroitplumberscompany.com

Im sorry, im trying hard to understand this post Typos??? Anyhow...Thats why you have to do some serious diagnosing...Check out Thread PERFECT EXAMPLE and you will see why......listening for gulps and gurgling is good...but might be to late if you dont check the lowest point in the house to see if the water is overflowing somewhere...Gulps and gurgles doesnt always mean you have a drain CLOG...could be a venting problem...could be problem with the toilet....Your so right with early detection of a drain clog...but if its not diagnosed right....then your in over your head.
                            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by molly123 View Post
                              I know I had an early call-out this morning but what did he say?

Comment

Working...
                              X