Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 7/8" innercore sectional cable

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    Bruce,

That's too funny as I was thinking the same thing. It appears to have been posted on a "Master" Plumber site yet it reads like something from "Better Homes and Gardens"

Mark
    GREAT observation Mark, really it is.

As I write for BETTER homes and Garden also so I normally forget and gear down the technical aspects.

Click on the link YOU ARE GOOD Mark , I am impressed

http://www.bhg.com/bhg/story.jsp?storyid=/templatedata/bhg/step-by-step/data/hie_256.xml

I was on a plumbing list and talked about velocity and erosion and fixture unit sizing and was asked to tone it down considerably as the other plumbers felt bad as many localities had no plumbing license exams and many folks had no formal training such as the U/A thus they felt intimated so I dummied the postings down considerably.

When you go to court for example following an engineers report for the other side I found if you dummy down the testimony to plain English that a postman on the jury can understand you make them feel great as now they can identify with you.

I did not mean anything personal as I know how drain cleaning is highly technical and takes years to learn even the basics

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      Your way outside the thin ice marker and I hear Ice cracking.Don't make any sudden movements.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Thank you, good thing my Navy training is around so one can survive being in frigid waters for 15 minutes as one sinks to the bottom slurp, slurp

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvan Tieger View Post
        GREAT observation Mark, really it is.

As I write for BETTER homes and Garden also so I normally forget and gear down the technical aspects.
        I'm not quite sure I would consider posting a response to an article as "writing" for Better Homes and Gardens. I may have added to your response that the self-piercing valves are illegal in most if not all jurisdictions.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Thank you, good thing my Navy training is around so one can survive being in frigid waters for 15 minutes as one sinks to the bottom slurp, slurp
          Those sound effects are going to come in handy when the guys are going to be helping the homeowners with their sump pumps this winter.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            I'm not quite sure I would consider posting a response to an article as "writing" for Better Homes and Gardens. I may have added to your response that the self-piercing valves are illegal in most if not all jurisdictions.

Mark

REALLY Good point Mark, I really thought I had posted it

The next question would have been "then why do they sell them or are allowed to sell them"

I remember posting on the world heath organization about something illegal some engineer in Hong Kong said isn't drunk driving illegal in America and yet one of your senators killed someone and nothing happened to him I posted back yes and we had his son also a senator on the least coast on Drugs and DWI and nothing happened to him either.

If you really want to get sick look at dome of the postings on other sites where one screw ball so called plumber said "Yes you can use epoxy on a gas line leak if it is not being inspected and you hide it.

Others talk about using a garden hose to clear stoppages no back flow prevention.

Comment

FYI I only used the sectionals 2 or 3 times in 39 YEARS and all the other times I use the drum machines.

Two or three times in 39 years? Gee guy, you have SOO much experience. Yeah, I'd PAY you to write an article about sectional machines since you've done it SO many times.

Blow it out your shofar pal, I ain't buying.

Comment

slyvan, gp to your site and bring up the #'s there. i really don't think ridgid needs your help in getting people to their site.

now your site is a different story. you need all the help you can get.
                and i'm not for sale.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Hey Chris

I had a call today of a main sewer stoppage 4" CI and ran the Ridgid 750 3/4" 100 feet and and removed some roots but the snake was not long enough so I went back and brought the sectional back to the job and ran 120' I am wondering do you think a 5/8 snake could handle roots?

I am finding many of the mansions I am now doing have runs over 100 ft and I think the 750 can hold 125 ft of 5/8.

Took a hell of a long time putting each section together as it was in a small room and I was not about to lug two drums full of 3/4 wire down a flight of stairs.

T&M Rules

Comment

I know a plumber that uses 5/8 for a mainline, I tried it once, I didn't like the feeling, I love my 3/4 mainline cable, feels good and I can give it the good push if I need to. I need to feel comfortable with the idea that if I get stuck, I can get it back with force
                    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      slyvan, gp to your site and bring up the #'s there. i really don't think ridgid needs your help in getting people to their site.

now your site is a different story. you need all the help you can get.
                      and i'm not for sale.

rick.
                      Nothing wrong being for SALE ever think of going for expert witness they buy your opinion and at 2G a day it does help pay the bills.

Ridgid does an amazing job just like Bob's Villa's site and a host of others that the Lord said unto me GO FORTH and lead the sheep to make a better life for their families in spite of their self hate of making a decent living A MEN.

Not everyone likes to live in poverty and debt THUS I was lead here as the seeker of wisdom and truth PRAISE BE the book of means and proper pricing.

Praise Ridgid Jetters that last and last and my 48" wrenches that are as in amazing shape as the day I bought them.

A MEN keep the faith and the video cam will show you the way brother

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                        I know a plumber that uses 5/8 for a mainline, I tried it once, I didn't like the feeling, I love my 3/4 mainline cable, feels good and I can give it the good push if I need to. I need to feel comfortable with the idea that if I get stuck, I can get it back with force
                        Thank you West Coast, I think I will forgo the 5/8 and stick with either two drums of 3/4" wire or the 11/8 sectionals

I wish I saw this before I posted my question to Chris.. Have a great week end

Comment

Not a problem sylvan, you have a great weekend also.
                          sigpic

Robert

Comment

YO Chris

Originally posted by ChrisConnor View Post
                            Two or three times in 39 years? Gee guy, you have SOO much experience. Yeah, I'd PAY you to write an article about sectional machines since you've done it SO many times.

Blow it out your shofar pal, I ain't buying.
                            Well folks with finished basements don't like the sectionals splashing crud over their carpeting or tearing up the finished floors and catching the drop cloth, having the DRUM close to the opening prevents a lot of tangles and whipping and the drum machine does the job a heck of a lot faster.

A drum you roll up to the trap sit on on a bucket step on the peddle and gently feed the 3/4" cable @22 FPM as you run hot water with soap and then get a "donkey" to lift the drum up the stairs and place it back on the van no handling of cables.

Now if lived in depressed area and had to go under a crawl space no height for the drum machine then of course one does what the local yokels do.

ACTUALLY Chris I had a great conversation with a hill Billy from your neck of the woods and it seems NYC and possibly NJ lead the country in folks who use drums as opposed to sectionals.

I Wonder if Ridgid would way in as to where most drums /sectionals are sold by region

Comment

Re: Hey Chris

I had a call today of a main sewer stoppage 4" CI and ran the Ridgid 750 3/4" 100 feet and and removed some roots but the snake was not long enough so I went back and brought the sectional back to the job and ran 120' I am wondering do you think a 5/8 snake could handle roots?

I am finding many of the mansions I am now doing have runs over 100 ft and I think the 750 can hold 125 ft of 5/8.

Took a hell of a long time putting each section together as it was in a small room and I was not about to lug two drums full of 3/4 wire down a flight of stairs.

T&M Rules
                              You ran a sectional 5/8" cable in 4" pipe?! Why ask us if the 5/8" cable is big enough? You're the "expert" of drain cleaning, writing articles and "books". You talk of underqualified plumbers; consider yourself one. This guy has hit rock bottom and continues to dig deeper.
                              Last edited by gear junkie; 09-21-2007, 09:55 PM.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I keep 125` of 3/4 inner core cable in my 7500 all the thing. I also have 2-25` and 2-50` and 1 -75` and 1-100 of 3/4 cable in my trailer at all times. I like to be able to reach out there
                                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X