X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/8" innercore sectional cable

I called the guys at Rothenberger and they said their 7/8" innercore sectional cable can handle up 6" line. I know General make one also. Haven't looked at that option yet.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: 7/8" innercore sectional cable

inner core might not be the answer i have it on my 1.25'' sectional cable and it's harder to clean out the muck from the inner core.

a tighter wind or a heavier wire stock might be better

ridgid does read these forums. they are aware of our needs and wants

if they build it, we will come (field of dreams backwards)

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Try The Cable Center in st louis Mo. 800 257-7209, ask for tony.

I have General 7/8" inner core cables for my K-60. I bought from them

Comment

Yes, BUT they are using the K-60 machine, and it's largest cable is 7/8".

Not a bad machine, that's alot coming from me because I HATE sectionals

It has it's place. The innercore 7/8" has some more torque capabilities, but not what the 1 1/4 can do.

Also marine grade lithium grease is the best thing for keeping the springs in the button connectors lubed
        Last edited by ChrisConnor; 09-10-2007, 01:47 PM. Reason: slshkjhgslkdgi i is not smart

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisConnor View Post
          Try The Cable Center in st louis Mo. 800 257-7209, ask for tony.

I have General 7/8" inner core cables for my K-60. I bought from them
          Have you tried them in 6" pipe?
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

They do much better than the regular. Better torque.

Comment

They do much better than the regular. Better torque.

Use the Ridgid 750 3/4" cable and you wont have to bother putting sections together.. your "Shalom" buddy Tieger plumbing

Comment

Mr. Tieger, why the name change?
                The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                  Mr. Tieger, why the name change?
                  Thank you Drain Medic for asking

Lost my pass word and for the NEW YEAR I figured Id start new as suggested by Chris OConnor

The reason I post under Tieger plumbing is, if you give advice and someone gets hurt you gave the advice under a corporate name thus you have some protection.

If you give it personally and someone gets hurt there is a possibility of being sued as a professional (licensed) leaves one open to more scrutiny.

Comment

[quote=ChrisConnor;92945]Yes, BUT they are using the K-60 machine, and it's largest cable is 7/8".

HEY CHRIS WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? PLEASE guy don't upset me.

Why didn't you read the August 17, 2000 article that was very,very,very informative

http://www.masterplumbers.com/plumbv...n_cleaning.asp

FYI I HATED SECTIONALS, until Jay Blau from Ridgid showed me the light

Comment

[quote=Sylvan Tieger;94112]
                      Yes, BUT they are using the K-60 machine, and it's largest cable is 7/8".

HEY CHRIS WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? PLEASE guy don't upset me.

Why didn't you read the August 17, 2000 article that was very,very,very informative

http://www.masterplumbers.com/plumbv...n_cleaning.asp

FYI I HATED SECTIONALS, until Jay Blau from Ridgid showed me the light
                      With all due respect, do you really think you know what you are talking about with respect to the real differences between a drum and a sectional machine? I just had to go click on your link, then I just had to read it......the whole thing....It was sort of like looking at a car accident. You know what I mean....don't you?

What is the audience for the type of material I just read? Surely, you don't think it is plumbers, do you? Seriously.....who reads your little info blerbs? Or, who do you think reads them?

Comment

Bruce,

That's too funny as I was thinking the same thing. It appears to have been posted on a "Master" Plumber site yet it reads like something from "Better Homes and Gardens"

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

YEs, BUT I only use the K60 sp in limited access situations, roof vent and in crawl spaces when I HAVE to go under the house.

I use the K-60 about three times a week.

My Gorlitz GO 68HD is much faster, BUT the purpose of this thread was the availability and PERFORMANCE of the 7/8 INNERCORE cable that is used with the eVER pOpulAr K-60 machine.

No one doubts the performance of the 1 1/4 cable and the K1500 SP or the Electric eel machine that YOU use.

THis is the 7/8" innercore cable discussion thread.

So pay attention GUY, there is alot to be learned here, iF yoU would just LISTEN.

Please remember that you article is written based on YOUR personal capabilities with the equipment.

So take a pill PAL, you are with the big dogs now.

DId they pay you to write that article??

Comment

YEs, BUT I only use the K60 sp in limited access situations, roof vent and in crawl spaces when I HAVE to go under the house.

I use the K-60 about three times a week.

My Gorlitz GO 68HD is much faster, BUT the purpose of this thread was the availability and PERFORMANCE of the 7/8 INNERCORE cable that is used with the eVER pOpulAr K-60 machine.

No one doubts the performance of the 1 1/4 cable and the K1500 SP or the Electric eel machine that YOU use.

THis is the 7/8" innercore cable discussion thread.

So pay attention GUY, there is alot to be learned here, iF yoU would just LISTEN.

Please remember that you article is written based on YOUR personal capabilities with the equipment.

So take a pill PAL, you are with the big dogs now.

DId they pay you to write that article??

Cris Hell yes I got paid,( you forget, to us Jews its not personal, its only business) and what I had posted was just to get folks to come to Loz site as it is a numbers game.

As a list owner he had to get his numbers up (hits) to get folks to advertise and being controversial I was the pick of the littler to draw people in. 5 times they called me from Oz

( I am the guy folks love to hate as my sarcastic humor, Left coast folks fail to understand, Australians have an amazing sense of humor )

SARCASM draws people in to argue and get upset and get the site hits climb (70,653 ONE MONTH)

Then once the list was really up and running and Dan and a host of others come on board (I was the first one to write articles) I collected my bounty and left.

Its a business like anything else and like being an expert in court I learned there is no right or wrong it is win or lose and
                            if the jury doesn't like you, Your going to lose the case and facts have little bearing on the out come.

I was given a color camera to test and keep with a locater I was given 3 water jetters lots and lots of tools and lots of leads on jobs plus a free trip to Jamaica WI.

FYI I only used the sectionals 2 or 3 times in 39 YEARS and all the other times I use the drum machines.

The 11/4 was used on an extra long run for large diameter house building 12" sewer and one ware house where I had to retrieve a snake some Roto guy left behind.

You know one can hate a product but if the company offers enough money to have someone advertise it why not take the money and run?

Its not personal just like when I once made a collar (NYC AUX police) and took the guy to central booking he was out on bail before I finished the paper work I said this is not for me and the chief of detectives said Hey you cant take the "job" personal .

I'm only doing this kind of work for 39 years hopefully over the next 39 I may learn something about drain cleaning like lowering my prices to poverty level to hang with the big dogs

After all it takes gall to charge " skilled plumbers" prices to clear a stoppage .

Happy New year Chris, oops not your New year huh?

Comment

Your way outside the thin ice marker and I hear Ice cracking.Don't make any sudden movements.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X