Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trailor-jetter-supermen!!!!!!

Originally posted by lonestardrain View Post
    Greg,
    What no Spartan 300????...thats their best machine!!!!...what is the model trailer jetter you have from them....so you operate it by yourself?(one-man operational?)..eight times a week multiplied by $400 is $4,000 so you are not far off from $5,000 a week!!!!!....THINK BIG!!!!...I will be there one day...Whats so special about the RidgidK-60 or the WaterCannon portable jetter you have...im thinking about geting a small electric General-1450 for k/sink drains as an add-on sale after i cable their k/sink drains....HOLIDAYS COMING UP!!!!...I figure if i charge $99.95 to cable their line..i will sell them the elec-jetter for an additional $150.00 with a longer warranty(90 days)....what do yall think!!!!...
    Naaa no 300, cant stand that machine. Yes i operate by myself, i do have a part timer. not quite $4000, my usual charge for a jetter is 300, but sometimes extra if different accesses are needed. Ive been thinking big for the last 13yrs, thats why i have my own business now. Like Ben said, check around as to why the K60 is great, some good threads on it...for me personally i like how easy it is to take on roofs. I like that i can take into a crawl space and not have to take it apart like a drum machine. I was strictly Spartan and electric eel....The Water Cannon Jetter...nothing real special about it, but that its 4000psi at 5gm for a portable, thats pretty good, i can still use it to cut tree roots out of 4 in pipe...Its special to me because i can use it on 1 1/2 lines, floor drains, that sorta stuff. We do a thing called the root eliminator. Water Jet the lines with the warthog nozzle and the camera in the line. You can watch the warthog just destroy the roots with the camera while your jetting...Go from joint to joint. After that we install Root X, and bam, 1 YR Warranty.....Mostly all residential lines i do with a water jet will get a 6 month to a YR warranty, as long as no defects or breaks.. Greg
    Last edited by Drain Medic; 09-15-2007, 08:18 AM.
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Greg,
      What no Spartan 300????...thats their best machine!!!!...what is the model trailer jetter you have from them....so you operate it by yourself?(one-man operational?)..eight times a week multiplied by $400 is $4,000 so you are not far off from $5,000 a week!!!!!....THINK BIG!!!!...I will be there one day...Whats so special about the RidgidK-60 or the WaterCannon portable jetter you have...im thinking about geting a small electric General-1450 for k/sink drains as an add-on sale after i cable their k/sink drains....HOLIDAYS COMING UP!!!!...I figure if i charge $99.95 to cable their line..i will sell them the elec-jetter for an additional $150.00 with a longer warranty(90 days)....what do yall think!!!!...
      now i see that it's a math issue. 8 x $400.00 = $3,200.00

the 1450 jetter is too small. it's 1500 psi @1.7 gpm. all you'll do is a song and a dance. save the hassels and clean it right with the cable and a better / bigger jetter.

also buy a calculator so that you don't go broke in the process

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        robert, first time jetting of a dirty line that's never been jetted is always more involved and time consuming. follow up preventative jetting is typically faster and cleaner. you already know the system.

i would be just the opposite. the first time is more, the follow up is less

i wouldn't come there to get my foot in the door. i was already invited there when they called me

rick.
        hummmmmmm your wife was right, we do think kinda in the same lines
        Couldnt have said it better myself
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

HAHAHA All Clear. . .Of course I was right. The wives are ALWAYS right
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Greg,
            What psi is your trailor jetter?....will the Warthog nozzle work good on 2500 psi at 12 gpm?...i know my other jetter buddy who owns a business in Atlanta swears by it...he uses the nozzle on every jetting job!!...how on earth could you have been a strickly spartan user and not LOVE the 300. I can unstop ANY residential stoppage with it as long as the line aint broke!!!!....litterally!!!...when i said "think-big" i mean like instead of doing $4000 in a week...try $4000 in a day!!!!...i KNOW jetting guys who have done it(i know cause i was in the truck with them)...i now charge $500 for jetting which includes a Free Camera Inspection...so $500x's8 is $4000!!!!!!....sorry for thinking TOO-BIG!!!!..lol...actually im such a good salesman that if i was charging/eaning $400 jetting calls mulltiplied by eight i would probally earn not $3,200 but $32,000 from selling line-replacements/repair.."THINK BIG RICK!!!!"...LOL....i talk with the L.A.Hydrojet guy personally and i KNOW they jet alot.....beware of the playa-haters!!

Comment

Greg,
              What psi is your trailor jetter?....will the Warthog nozzle work good on 2500 psi at 12 gpm?...i know my other jetter buddy who owns a business in Atlanta swears by it...he uses the nozzle on every jetting job!!...how on earth could you have been a strickly spartan user and not LOVE the 300. I can unstop ANY residential stoppage with it as long as the line aint broke!!!!....litterally!!!...when i said "think-big" i mean like instead of doing $4000 in a week...try $4000 in a day!!!!...i KNOW jetting guys who have done it(i know cause i was in the truck with them)...i now charge $500 for jetting which includes a Free Camera Inspection...so $500x's8 is $4000!!!!!!....sorry for thinking TOO-BIG!!!!..lol...actually im such a good salesman that if i was charging/eaning $400 jetting calls mulltiplied by eight i would probally earn not $3,200 but $32,000 from selling line-replacements/repair.."THINK BIG RICK!!!!"...LOL....i talk with the L.A.Hydrojet guy personally and i KNOW they jet alot.....beware of the playa-haters!!

My trailor is 3000 psi. The Warthog i have works great at 3000psi, i love it, nothing better in the industry to cut tree roots IMO. Not real sure on how it would work on 2500, because the warthog spins by pressure. Couldnt stand the 300, just never had a liking to it.. I stuck mainly with the 81, 100, 1065 and 2001. I use to do $4000 day almost everyday...when i worked for one of the big boy companies...They charged 500 a jet...For me 500 is to high, but thats me, i sell it for 300, and still get alot of business for it. Does your buddy still charge that much if he cant get the drain open with the jetter???

What kind of warranties are they offering at 500????
              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Greg,

something tells me you went to school with slyvan

being in plumbing for 32 years, i've learned to treat the customer right. bragging about how much you overcharge for a toy trailer jetter is not treating the customer right.

probably why you're asking how to find customers, instead of customers finding you. i don't advertise and i don't need to.

not sure what you're trying to prove, other than the same reason slyvan is not liked here.

if you're going to rip off the customer, do it on a different forum. not here. join slyvans forum as he is just as proud as you are with overcharging the customers.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Lonestar, if you are such a good salesman, why did you come here asking for advice on how to make money and increase your business?

You have to decide-either your work and reputation are good enough that you can charge whatever amount you see fit and people will pay it without question or your work and reputation are just average.
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Lonestardrain needs to learn that customers do not like being told lies so they can be ripped off. The word gets out fast who are the good hard working people and who are just out the skrew over their customers. Act as you are and you'll become a very hated drain cleaner.

Comment

We had four Jetters including a General Jet Set 3055. We looked at the General and Spartan trailer mount set ups but I felt it was too close to what we already had and the Harben or O'Brien trailer mount would be our next jetter.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

"PLAYA-HATER"....

To keep it civil,I'll just say I'm standing by watching,......for now

Comment

I'm speechless.
                          Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            robert, first time jetting of a dirty line that's never been jetted is always more involved and time consuming. follow up preventative jetting is typically faster and cleaner. you already know the system.

i would be just the opposite. the first time is more, the follow up is less

i wouldn't come there to get my foot in the door. i was already invited there when they called me

rick.
                            Hey guy's, this thread kinda dropped out of my radar, sorry. I set up a program, mailed flyers to all the resturants and commercial buildings. Rick, your right, the first jetting sucks, you take it in the shorts to get in the door, I spent 5 hrs on a indian restaurant the first time, I charged them 195.00, as long as they signed the service contract, every three months for 350.00 a pop, went back, each time took 20 mins tops, one line, no problems. Mailed out flyers saying 195.00 first time, in little print, with signed yearly contract and set a max branch lines on there, if thge customer had mroe branches then I could do in 60 mins, there was an additional fee. It works really well, I was able to get another guy hired in a month and sent him off 30-40 hrs a week just jetting. We would get el pollo loco, and then his friend would own 4 others, believe it or not, the restaurant buisness is close net here, all the owners know eachother.

Yeah, charging 195.00 the first time, we would lose money, but make it later on the return trips and also we would pic up plumbing work at these same places, so it pays off to go in cheap with service contracts.

As far as rick, you being invited when the customer called you, I think the question was how to get new customers and break into the jetting market in his area, you have repeat customers already and referalls, you do not advertise for new customers (as you have said many times) this wouldn't apply to you buddy, this is related to the question asked.
                            Last edited by westcoastplumber; 09-16-2007, 12:12 PM. Reason: comment on ricks last comment
                            sigpic

Robert

Comment

Robert,

thank you for your usefukl info. Sometimes you have to disregard people like Rick who keeps responding with negative comments so i wont be asking him nothing. Thank you too Greg for your useful knowledge..i thing the Warthog will go good with the 2500 psi jetter. Robert i talk to the owner of L.A. hydrojet on and off and i'm glad you are familar with him and his jetting business. Cant believe Rick says his company barely jets drains, but me AND you know that aint true.....he gave me some great-marketing advice!!!...i allways ask anybody how do they market their business...thats what SMART people do.....ask questions and LISTEN....then you come up with YOUR OWN PLAN!!!!...also Robert i am about to start a direct-mail marketing campaign to mail off about 2,000 postcards a month...if you or Greg wants me to mail you one let me know...maybe you can give me you expert opinions on what you would change....how many flyers did you mail a month Robert?....Greg, my friend gave 90-day warrantys with his jetting. he jets ALL the Chick-Flia's and ALL the Olive Gardens in Atlanta. He makes $4,000 and sometimes $5,000 in ONE day. He was featured in the Cleaner Mag last year. Hes on schedule to make about $450,000 this year working as a one-man shop. He does mostly restaurants and Apartments. The going rate for jetting there is $750...just like here in Dallas. every now and then i may charge $350 if its ONE cleanout, but i allways push for $500 with a free camera inspect...why not charge a little under the roto-rooters and rescue rooters.....Ben Franklin plumbing charges $850 for jetting and $550 for Camera Inspect and they are a fortune 500 company!!!..so like i said..sometimes i may charge $350 but i push for $500....Greg..what do you charge for your leak detection?..i just bought one along with my jetter and only used it 4 times so far...im charging $300 for it also, still again i know a company here (Accurate Leak and Line locate) who charges $500 to locate leaks and thats ALL they do!!...the owner tells me he does about 8-10 locates a day and he markets to other plumbers,insurance companys,warranty companys and foundation repair companies....and again thank-you for your time and USEFUL comments.

Tony

DiscountDrainService
                              LonestarPipelineRepair
                              Licensed,Bonded and Insured.

Comment

Woussko,

We NEVER tell lies!!!....if your beady blue eyes cant see what i see on the CAMERA then you need glasses!!...thats why we include a FREE Camera Inspection with every Jet or Cable call!!!!....Customer feels GREAt and thats is my BEST form of advertising..."WORD-OF MOUTH!!"...thats how i have all the custermer contracts that i have now...with NO advertising....BUT, im about to start advertising.

Comment

Working...
                                X