X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trailor-jetter-supermen!!!!!!

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    We had four Jetters including a General Jet Set 3055. We looked at the General and Spartan trailer mount set ups but I felt it was too close to what we already had and the Harben or O'Brien trailer mount would be our next jetter.

Mark
    Mark,

My next jetter will be the U.S jetting 4018 with the foot remote. It has a run-dry pump also. My atlanta jetting buddy has 2 of them and a water truck cause thats all he does. i was about to buy one, they even drove one out to my house and i was about to buy it for $22,000 cash(it was worth $30,000 at the time) but that was last year sometime. My friend said that the one i have now is all that i will need starting out, but the U.S.Jetter will be my next jetter(probally in two years)..the General Typhoon jetter was $15,600...but with all of the extra stuff i got with it it was just under $20,000...paid cash for it and im very happy with it!!!...its very mobile and you can pull it with your hand if you get into tight areas and all....now if you are doing drains in your area that have pipe sizes 8" and bigger then this may not be the jetter for you....most of the drain pipes that i jet are 4"-6"restaurants,apts,commercial bulidings,small warehouses......no municipalities.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      something tells me you went to school with slyvan

being in plumbing for 32 years, i've learned to treat the customer right. bragging about how much you overcharge for a toy trailer jetter is not treating the customer right.

probably why you're asking how to find customers, instead of customers finding you. i don't advertise and i don't need to.

not sure what you're trying to prove, other than the same reason slyvan is not liked here.

if you're going to rip off the customer, do it on a different forum. not here. join slyvans forum as he is just as proud as you are with overcharging the customers.

rick.
      ...and let me tell you guys something.....ive talked with Sylvan Tieger on the phone before(he probally doesnt remember it) and the guy is VERY knowledgeable on plumbing/business tactics. Why fault him on what he charges for his professional skills tactics. we should be griping at the handyman who calls himself a plumber and charging $50 for Hydrojetting a drain line(would the make you and your wife happy Rick?)...Sylvan is the type of guy who is making it easier to earn a good living doing this without having to break you r back from doing 10 calls a day...with his tactics you can do one or two calls a day and make the same money!!!...this is a Profession not some charity drain service. Sylvan allready told you he once had 16-18 guys working for him and now i think he has just himself and i think a helper and hes making just as much money because the overhead is low now. Dont get me wrong, i have a good friend who does just the oppisite as Sylvan in California named Lane Post(Pacific Drain Service)...his company makes over a couple mill a year but they are a low-cost high-volume drain company and he is very successful with it...but for his hydrojetting i think he charges like $300 so he is in the ballpark for that service.Lane has helped me out alot also with his knowledge and wisdom...never negative....So there are many ways to do it but i'd rather charge on the median of $400-500 here and not kill myself because its just me and my helper and thats all i want to hire..if i really wanted a big-comopany i'd go purchase a franchise Plumb company but i love my free time to do other things besides work.....So before you fault Sylvan,talk to him..and i bet you will learn some things that you didnt know..i dont care if you been plumbing for 32 years or 52 years!!!!...ive been doing it 'officially' for 5 years and i BET my bank account is larger than most..But i am ALLWAYS willing to learn from others.....i guess thats what seperates me from most negative tradesmen.

Comment

Originally posted by lonestardrain View Post
        Mark,

My next jetter will be the U.S jetting 4018 with the foot remote. It has a run-dry pump also. My atlanta jetting buddy has 2 of them and a water truck cause thats all he does. i was about to buy one, they even drove one out to my house and i was about to buy it for $22,000 cash(it was worth $30,000 at the time) but that was last year sometime. My friend said that the one i have now is all that i will need starting out, but the U.S.Jetter will be my next jetter(probally in two years)..the General Typhoon jetter was $15,600...but with all of the extra stuff i got with it it was just under $20,000...paid cash for it and im very happy with it!!!...its very mobile and you can pull it with your hand if you get into tight areas and all....now if you are doing drains in your area that have pipe sizes 8" and bigger then this may not be the jetter for you....most of the drain pipes that i jet are 4"-6"restaurants,apts,commercial bulidings,small warehouses......no municipalities.
        The US Jetting 4018 is a really nice machine as well. The reason we decided against the Spartan or the General trailer mount jetter is we saw them as wanna-be trailer mounted jetters. The performance difference between either of those and the portables did not justify the costs unless you needed a supply of water. Most of our jetting was 4" and smaller though. I have since sold my business and no longer need a jetter. As a matter of fact I have a never used KJ-3000 I am trying to figure out how to have Robert come pick up.

For the record I believe the problem most have with Sylvan has more to do with his attitude than his message. Most of us have made a pretty good living for ourselves and our employees before we even heard of Sylvan and his $1,000 per hour rate.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I do not LIKE horn blowers.PERIOD

I respect honest people who give an honest days work.

Sylvan I could Care less,I don't need any advice on "POWERTALKIN"

Just overpower them with your lips.

No thanks.

Comment

The US Jetting 4018 is a really nice machine as well. The reason we decided against the Spartan or the General trailer mount jetter is we saw them as wanna-be trailer mounted jetters. The performance difference between either of those and the portables did not justify the costs unless you needed a supply of water. Most of our jetting was 4" and smaller though. I have since sold my business and no longer need a jetter. As a matter of fact I have a never used KJ-3000 I am trying to figure out how to have Robert come pick up.

For the record I believe the problem most have with Sylvan has more to do with his attitude than his message. Most of us have made a pretty good living for ourselves and our employees before we even heard of Sylvan and his $1,000 per hour rate.

Mark

Lol Mark,

He loves it..just googled it...he really wants the k 60 very bad..me too...safety issues Are you selling k 60? maybe we should ask rick.i'm guessing he gets one each month
            Last edited by mrs. westcoast; 09-16-2007, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Zeljka,

No I still use the K-60 on occassion for pushing a sonde where my camera won't go. However, I use it few and far enough between that Robert is welcome to give it a test ride for an extended period of time if he would like. The same goes for my K-50, K-1500 or my K-500.

Mark

Comment

...and let me tell you guys something.....ive talked with Sylvan Tieger on the phone before(he probally doesnt remember it) and the guy is VERY knowledgeable on plumbing/business tactics. Why fault him on what he charges for his professional skills tactics. we should be griping at the handyman who calls himself a plumber and charging $50 for Hydrojetting a drain line(would the make you and your wife happy Rick?)...Sylvan is the type of guy who is making it easier to earn a good living doing this without having to break you r back from doing 10 calls a day...with his tactics you can do one or two calls a day and make the same money!!!...this is a Profession not some charity drain service. Sylvan allready told you he once had 16-18 guys working for him and now i think he has just himself and i think a helper and hes making just as much money because the overhead is low now. Dont get me wrong, i have a good friend who does just the oppisite as Sylvan in California named Lane Post(Pacific Drain Service)...his company makes over a couple mill a year but they are a low-cost high-volume drain company and he is very successful with it...but for his hydrojetting i think he charges like $300 so he is in the ballpark for that service.Lane has helped me out alot also with his knowledge and wisdom...never negative....So there are many ways to do it but i'd rather charge on the median of $400-500 here and not kill myself because its just me and my helper and thats all i want to hire..if i really wanted a big-comopany i'd go purchase a franchise Plumb company but i love my free time to do other things besides work.....So before you fault Sylvan,talk to him..and i bet you will learn some things that you didnt know..i dont care if you been plumbing for 32 years or 52 years!!!!...ive been doing it 'officially' for 5 years and i BET my bank account is larger than most..But i am ALLWAYS willing to learn from others.....i guess thats what seperates me from most negative tradesmen.
                If you like tieger, follow his advice and you will go far, hopefully the sooner the better.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Lone star,

Where is do you know lane from?

Comment

i would love to see lonestars family and slyvans family get charged these rate that they are charging.

it's amazing that a $300,000 combination vac. and jetter doesn't bill out for anywhere near the amount you 2 are charging for a $20,000. toy jetter.

for what it's worth if you have so many friends in the business, why are you wasting your time here?

let's not even talk experience, knowledge, equipment, reputation, and personal wealth.

the more you discuss your trade tactics here, the more your reputation will be tarnished. please refer your future clients to this site for a look at the real lonestar.

i'm sure once they see your m.o. they will be looking for a different drain guy.

treat your customers like you would want your family and friends treated.

the more you post, the more you bury yourself.

where have you been hiding since dec. 2005?

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Actually that is an interesting point Rick. The majority of Lane Post's work is as a sub-contractor to other plumbers and for municipalities. However, I recall Lonestart did not want to work as hard as Lane's guys do but wanted to make as much money.

Mark

Comment

Actually that is an interesting point Rick. The majority of Lane Post's work is as a sub-contractor to other plumbers and for municipalities. However, I recall Lonestart did not want to work as hard as Lane's guys do but wanted to make as much money.

Mark
                        like i said earlier Lane has SEVEN TRUCKS!!!....i am a ONE-MAN-BAND....lol.....what are you and Rick drinking??..SewerWatercocktails???....lane is the OWNER...his WORKERs WORK HARD........dam is this elementary??

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          i would love to see lonestars family and slyvans family get charged these rate that they are charging.

it's amazing that a $300,000 combination vac. and jetter doesn't bill out for anywhere near the amount you 2 are charging for a $20,000. toy jetter.

for what it's worth if you have so many friends in the business, why are you wasting your time here?

let's not even talk experience, knowledge, equipment, reputation, and personal wealth.

the more you discuss your trade tactics here, the more your reputation will be tarnished. please refer your future clients to this site for a look at the real lonestar.

i'm sure once they see your m.o. they will be looking for a different drain guy.

treat your customers like you would want your family and friends treated.

the more you post, the more you bury yourself.

where have you been hiding since dec. 2005?

rick.
                          where have i been?...MAKING BIG DOLLARS BUDDY!!!...like YOU said, dont believe EVERYTHING you read...i am very successful..just picking brains....but NOT YOURS!!!!.......Thank you for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisConnor View Post
                            Lone star,

Where is do you know lane from?
                            i met lane in 2002 in while visiting San Dieago...saw one of his drain trucks and he was in it. Lane is VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND TAUGHT ME ALOT!!!...on his advice i started a second company just for repair work and i incorporated that company(LonestarDrainL.L.C.)...Discount Drain is a sister company to Lonestar.......Lane and i use to raise hell on the old SewerConnection board...i use to and still use some of the business tactics that LANE does....imma fly down there in Jan so he can show me everything about pipebursting and liners...have you seen his new mansion house!!!..anyway he is a good guy to know...his repair company is ArrowPipelineRepair..he does market to other Plumbers,Drainguys,handyman and gen contractors....which is VERY smart....if he was in Dallas i wouldve subbed out alot of work to him cause i do get real busy at times....hes a REAL CALIFORNIA contractor....unlike Rick who plays with fake snakes..lol..

Comment

like i said earlier Lane has SEVEN TRUCKS!!!....i am a ONE-MAN-BAND....lol.....what are you and Rick drinking??..SewerWatercocktails???....lane is the OWNER...his WORKERs WORK HARD........dam is this elementary??
                              I'm not sure if you misread my post or what. I was simpling pointing out you used Lane as an example of a high volume low cost contractor where you want to be a high cost low volume contractor so you still have time for yourself. Did I miss something or mis-quote your explanation?

Mark

Comment

hes a REAL CALIFORNIA contractor....unlike Rick who plays with fake snakes..lol..
                                anytime you think you can outsmart me, we'll put your big money on it. sort of like pink slips. i guarantee you taking on this bet, i'll bankrupt you.

as far as fake snakes. you might want to find another board as ridgid makes the snakes i use.

as far as pipe bursting. i was one of the first plumbers to purchase a trenchless machine. infact the serial # is one of the first 20.

5 years makes you an apprentice in my eyes and the unions eyes.

maybe you'll open your eyes 1 day and see there's more to plumbing than seeing how much you can charge a desperate homeowner.

rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X