• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trailor-jetter-supermen!!!!!!

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    pipe bursting.
    rick.
    Rick, does the pipe bursting head more closely follow the line of the pull cable or the pipe?

Comment

Originally posted by BILLG View Post
      Rick, does the pipe bursting head more closely follow the line of the pull cable or the pipe?
      it follows the pipe until you hit a 45. then it makes a long turn 45. it breaks out the original fitting and takes a short cut. it's a very smooth transition that if you didn't know where it was located, you wouldn't see it with a camera.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

it follows the pipe until you hit a 45. then it makes a long turn 45. it breaks out the original fitting and takes a short cut. it's a very smooth transition that if you didn't know where it was located, you wouldn't see it with a camera.

rick.
        cool, thats even better than when pipe was new. plus no joints for root intrusion.

Comment

Originally posted by lonestardrain View Post
          Mark,

My next jetter will be the U.S jetting 4018 with the foot remote. It has a run-dry pump also. My atlanta jetting buddy has 2 of them and a water truck cause thats all he does. i was about to buy one, they even drove one out to my house and i was about to buy it for $22,000 cash(it was worth $30,000 at the time) but that was last year sometime. My friend said that the one i have now is all that i will need starting out, but the U.S.Jetter will be my next jetter(probally in two years)..the General Typhoon jetter was $15,600...but with all of the extra stuff i got with it it was just under $20,000...paid cash for it and im very happy with it!!!...its very mobile and you can pull it with your hand if you get into tight areas and all....now if you are doing drains in your area that have pipe sizes 8" and bigger then this may not be the jetter for you....most of the drain pipes that i jet are 4"-6"restaurants,apts,commercial bulidings,small warehouses......no municipalities.

I do agree you need a bigger jetter. Something no smaller than 4000psi and 20gpm should do. I also agree the spartan 300 is a great machine.

Comment

anytime you think you can outsmart me, we'll put your big money on it. sort of like pink slips. i guarantee you taking on this bet, i'll bankrupt you.

as far as fake snakes. you might want to find another board as ridgid makes the snakes i use.

as far as pipe bursting. i was one of the first plumbers to purchase a trenchless machine. infact the serial # is one of the first 20.

5 years makes you an apprentice in my eyes and the unions eyes.

maybe you'll open your eyes 1 day and see there's more to plumbing than seeing how much you can charge a desperate homeowner.

rick.
            lol......getting sensitive huh????...pink slips??...WELL PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!!!!...you will NEVER be smarter than me....lets bet our College Degrees(oh do you have one?from where?i bet my Bachelor of Science degree that you dont!!!...haha)...Snakes?...i was talking about the ugly snake on your Ugly forehead!!...lol..I OWN RIDGID EQUIPMENT ALSO DUMBO!!..I dont believe you about the pipebursting equip and i said i have been OFFICIALLY owning a Drain business for 5 YEARS!!...i didnt say EXPERIENCE 5 YEARS DUMBO....i have over 20 years experience!!!!....My prices are allways fair for residential thats my BREAD AND BUTTER!!....Comercially i charge a little under the going rate....my residential prices are alot lower but i do many calls a day..RESIDENTIALLY!!!...please next time READ...THINK..and then REPLY...so SOMEBODY on here will believe that you have at least generated an OUNCE of knowledge with all of the bootleg experience you have.......thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              I'm not sure if you misread my post or what. I was simpling pointing out you used Lane as an example of a high volume low cost contractor where you want to be a high cost low volume contractor so you still have time for yourself. Did I miss something or mis-quote your explanation?

Mark
              sorry Mark i thought you were on the same little bus as Rick but i apologize. i am sort of a low-cost high volume guy ..RESIDENTIALLY..but im not going that route COMERCIALLY....the going rate for unstopping a residential drain in Dallas is $125-135....i charge $75-$85...these prices is if the homeowner has a clean-out....its an additional $50 to go from the roof stack or $75 additional to pull a commode...now if an apartment complex calls me or a restaurant its between $350-$500 to hydrojet the sewerline...depending on the time of the call. i made $1000 Sat evening from 2 Hydrojetting jobs done after 5p.m. last Sat(2 different plumbers subbed me out)..they charged the commercial customer like $750 and the other charged them $978...i got $500 a piece because it was over hours..funny thing about it is that the guy set up a maintence contract for me to go there every 2 months and jet 2 cleanouts at these apartments and hes chargin them $1,000 every two months.....another company was doing it every 3 months at $550 a time and he took there business......why they chiose him over the cheaper company?...i dont know......i guess they like him.

Comment

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
                I do agree you need a bigger jetter. Something no smaller than 4000psi and 20gpm should do. I also agree the spartan 300 is a great machine.
                i love that dam Spartan 300..i own three of them(one has never been used)...I use to have a worker run one but i had to fire his ***!!!....good worker but not a PEOPLE person...i guess hes gone back to being a HIT-MAN!!...lol.....no seriously!!!!.....he will go ANYWHERE in America.....crazy as hell......like i said i will by the U.S.Jettin4018 for my next jetter with the foot pedal control....i may even get a Truck-mounted Unit because this jetting thing has a BRIGHT future!!!(~:......i can SEE IT!!....i wonder why Ridgid doesnt make a small trailor jetter with a wireless remote and a run/dry pump....really that one that i have is good but i would love that wireless remote if it had one...imma add another wheel to both sides of mine...i wonder how much would that cost??

Comment

Dog will hate me for this but in the spirit of my thread I wrote yesterday I think we need to move on.

Josh

Comment

Working...
                  X