Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took Ricks advice, Cleaned and oiled today

Kinda like field stripping My 1911-45
    Bought a used Gen Maxi rooter. Used it today. Had 2 of My guys [at the yard] run all the 3/4" cable out. wire brushed the inside of the drum. grinder with wire brushcup cleaned up the cable. Used 1 qt. of oil on cable and drum innards. Learned to unplug, and not to step on bulb [by accident] while removing belt drive! thumbs a little cut,little swollen he he,dumb shi##.Won't do much of this,and that's OK. New appreciation for the drain guys!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Took Ricks advice, Cleaned and oiled today

Tool,
    Contact pat's pump and blower at
    patspump.com
    or 1800-359-7867

They have a product called KEV-GARD.
    It's some sort of epoxy that is used in lining tanks on pump trucks. It'll keep the inside of your steel drum from rusting. It is really wear resistant.

Comment

Chris ,thank's That's a great idea! Kev-Guard,for a guy named Kevin! Just seems like the right thing to do. Ran a new 4" root cutter from lateral at least 4 ft. into the main. Never had any sensation I was cutting roots.Wonder if the 3/4' cable and 3/4 H.P. with a new cutter Makes that difference? Also have a little K-375 with 1/2" cable, New at this Camera showed roots this week ,I'm told!
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

tool, glad you took my advice on cleaning your cable and drum

sorry you took one for the team

sometimes until it happens to you, you don't quite understand the dangers.

please be careful in handling that machine of your'. a 3/4'' cable with a 3/4h.p motor can turn you into a used tool

there is a lot of built up energy in a rotating drum machine.

that's the beauty of a sectional machine. when you release the drive handle, the cable stops and there is no overrun

be careful tool, and ask first before tool gets hurt

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Thank's Rick I do respect this KILLER. I won't bore You with My necktie,cable story. Hard to believe This Little Irishman can jerk and curl a 240 lb. Gen. with neck muscles alone! On lookers applauded. "No sweat , Brother can do it with His Rodder"! Well It's in the corner,looking spiffey. No plans to use for a while.
          But like the backhoe,It's Nice when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            I won't bore You with My necktie,cable story. Hard to believe This Little Irishman can jerk and curl a 240 lb. Gen. with neck muscles alone! On lookers applauded.
            peak our curiosity then no story? bore away we wont mind.

Comment

Sorry Bill The necktie was a bit of a stretch. Give ME time I"ll be in trouble.
              This happened in Wash. Guys drilling 18" holes for peirs. Back yard,don't call dig safe. Laterals have easement through side yards down long hill to flats . One hole is takin Way to much crete!. Crete flowing outa a couple of toilets on the flats. Can You say W.T. F.. Couple of young moms did ,that day!

Comment

[QUOTE=toolaholic;94004]Sorry Bill The necktie was a bit of a stretch. Give ME time I"ll be in trouble.
                This happened in Wash. Guys drilling 18" holes for peirs. Back yard,don't call dig safe. Laterals have easement through side yards down long hill to flats . One hole is takin Way to much crete!. Crete flowing outa a couple of toilets on the flats. Can You say W.T. F.. Couple of young moms did ,that day![/QUOT]

now thats some ooblick not even Ricks mighty K-60 could handle.

Comment

My son in Law was on this site some time later.He does Geo in Wash. Contractors had to dig up yards,New street. All new lines into homes with concrete. This happened a couple of years ago.I'll try to get address and locate the news story.Good idea to call before digging! Rear yard of home seemed o k I guess! We do retaining walls. 3 years ,ago hand digging We nicked a very old water line on side yard feeding old home above. I had the plot plan and no easement. It was very old ,heavy rust scale pipe. Thank God for fiberglass epoxy wrap. Fixed the weep! Did a dog leg on New wall.would have eaten 250 ft. of pipe.

Comment

off topic but as long as we are talking about putting liquids where they don't belong. some one replaced a oil furnace with a gas furnace removed the oil tank but not the fill pipes. along came the oil delivery man probably after a hard drinking weekend, he proceeds to pumps 275+ gallons of fuel oil into the basement. they had to raze the house and decontaminate the soil and build a new house. now that aught to give the insurance premiun a little bump.

Comment

Not the 1 st time that's happened!

Comment

Working...
                      X