X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuing plumbing Ed

Am I the only one that does this kinda stuff? I spend a lot of money on Continuing Ed.
    I just ordered "The Package"
    http://www.contractorexam.com/KS_P_MRP.htm

Some of you may remember a link I posted last year to a PDF file I paid for on master plumbing exams studding.
    MASTER PLUMBER EXAM SECRETS.PDF
    I found that one to be kinda a rip-off but I did find some good info on it but not enough for the money spent.

Anyway I was wondering how many people do the Continuing Ed thing?
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Re: Continuing plumbing Ed

RE CEU's

Many plumbing localities finally realized the value of having LMP/ LMFSPC prior to renewing their licenses must take an 8 hour class as the candidates are brought up to date on code changes, ADA requirements, new tax laws, and other things impacting our industry.

Taking a plumbing course off the internet I think would be a total waste of money as they are not geared to the local codes

Comment

The one I ordered today is off the 2003 International Plumbing Code. How would that be a waste of money? Here in Kansas we still go off the 2003 IPC.
      Yes it`s an International based code but our codes don't very much from it. Our County codes do but the city doesn't. Our County kinda make things up as you go, you never know what they are gonna want from one job to the next.
      Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 09-28-2007, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
        The one I ordered today is off the 2003 International Plumbing Code. How would that be a waste of money? Here in Kansas we still go off the 2003 IPC.
        Yes it`s an International based code but our codes don't very much from it. Our County codes do but the city doesn't. Our County kinda make things up as you go, you never know what they are gonna want from one job to the next.
        NYC has its own fire codes and their own plumbing code and God knows how many licenses are out there as one time just Westchester had over 50 licenses I was told and each town /village put their own two cents in

Long Island also has village /town and all kinds of codes going on there also.

Some one has to create work for the cronies so the easiest way is make difference code then the town several blocks away and then each area can make money on their very own code books and inspections.

A state license would never work as there are some places in NY State that still have out houses

Comment

Greg,

The ICC is very good at hosting classes on their Codes. Look into attending some of their classes which will give you a jump start on some of this stuff. If you have the time I like the EDU Code week they put on in Las Vegas every year. The plumbing portion is held at the Las Vegas Plumber's Union hall which is second to none as a teaching facility.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I`m a member of the ICC so I get the news letters and up-dates all the time. I really dont know why I spend about $2000.00 a year on Continuing Ed? Guess I`m trying to make up for lost time when I was not so strong in plumbing like I am now? After I started the sewer business I seem to have the drive to inprove my plumbing skills once again. I guess it`s a good thing, I dont know...lol

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
              I`m a member of the ICC so I get the news letters and up-dates all the time. I really dont know why I spend about $2000.00 a year on Continuing Ed? Guess I`m trying to make up for lost time when I was not so strong in plumbing like I am now? After I started the sewer business I seem to have the drive to inprove my plumbing skills once again. I guess it`s a good thing, I dont know...lol

Steve
              After 35 + years at this I still spend a lot on continuing education because you can never know it all. Then again I need CEU to keep my Inspector Certificates up so I guess I need it anyways.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
              X