X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewer back up alarms

Are sewer back up alarms common in your area? I have never seen one in use here( other than in pump stations) so I have no real world experience of weather they work or not. I have looked into them and of course they all claim to be the "best".

I ran into this video while searching water/sewer alarms. Check it out. It's pretty funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dijAhBgEgDs
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Re: Sewer back up alarms

My truck has a backup alarm but not my sewer. I don't know that I have ever seen one out west and imagine they are more popular when you have basements with plumbing which may not be noticed. I have seem the small water alarms which just set on the floor which would alert of a backup. I have put a few in for special jobs but it involved components I assembled on my own.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

thats pretty good
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

as mark has stated, there are battery operated alarms that have a sensor plate that sits on the ground. when it gets wet, it goes off like a smoke alarm.

i'm sure if you want to be creative, you could install a tee with a riser and position a float on a rod to activate an alarm. sort of the same assy as a pedestal pump , float rod assy. just make sure you adjust it to stay above the flow and trip before it gets to high.

out here, our clean outs tend to be outside and not too many basements. i tend to leave the outside cap loose in the garden. sometimes a small hole drilled in the top of a cap.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

[quote=Gene Bickford;97040]Are sewer back up alarms common in your area? I have never seen one in use here( other than in pump stations) so I have no real world experience of weather they work or not. I have looked into them and of course they all claim to be the "best".

When I installed a sewer ejectors, I insisted on a duplex rather then single ejector even in one family homes and a I use bells and whistles like high water alarm lead and lag such as the Federal VSA series. this way your not working one pump to death

Reasoning is If there is a pump failure and the sewerage ruins the family room or the inlaid floor the cost to clean up and repair would have exceeded the cost of just adding a slightly larger sump and two pumps with a high water alarm or a battery operated $4.00 alarm kit.

Pumps fail normally on a Saturday night or a Sunday morning so having redundancy just makes sense.

People forget the $800 savings with one pump and smaller basin once they are faced with the clean up.

A clean up crew charges a heck of a lot more plus the inconvenience of raw sewage in a living space.

Federal is NOT Cheap but you normally get what you pay for

Comment

Working...
          X