Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going around corners

Guys
    I have been experimenting with attachments on my k1500 and have made up a universal joint that goes between my cutter and cable to go around 90 bends.
    The only trouble it broke the other day but I was able to retrieve it.
    I now have put a larger more robust fitting and it looks almost indestructable.
    How do you guys go about this type of work.
    I am looking for some thing similar for my jetter that enables me to go around or down a right angle bend.
    Has any one seen anything similar?

Re: Going around corners

I`v never had a problem with 90`s
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Sorry guys to mis lead I meant going a square junction not a 90 degree bend.
      Cheers
      greg

Comment

I would never try to make my cables go through a "square junction" even if I don't know what one is.
        The word "square" tell`s me that there's no support for the cable to make a turn.

What is a "square junction" ?
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

You mean like a tee fitting? A "junction" shaped just like the letter " T"?

If so they are called "drop heads" but they are made to drop down. I don't know how good they would be to control which direction they went as far as left or right.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Re: Going around corners attention Gene

Guy
            They are Tees horizontal and vertical
            Could the drop heads be used on the vertical Tees?
            Are they available from ridgid for a k1500?

Comment

yes they are made for vertical tees.
              I don't know if Ridgid makes them
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

This one is a Ridigid 63065
                it fits c-4, c-6, c-6IC cables.
                Not sure this is the one you need but it gives you something to go on anyway.
                Attached Files

Comment

Greg

Are you by any chance talking about a cross fitting about like in the thumbnail picture?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attention Gene

Attention Gene
                    That is very similar but they dont make them to go on a k1500.

Comment

attention Woussko

Its is like a TEE 3 outlets with the drain cleaner entering the middle outlet and dropping downwards.
                      Cheers
                      Greg

Comment

greg, with a tee like you described, i don't think anything other than a better cleanout would work for a 1.25'' (35mm?) cable.

unless you know the distance of the tee, it would be hard to control the drop. plus it would have to be a massive joint to hold up to the beating of a large cable.

can't you camera the line and extend the "T" to the surface for easier cleaning?

we also have T's that we encounter typically near the sidewalk/ curb. fortunately these are called a sanitary tee and have some direction to them.
                        there are very old ones that were more straight tees and these too can be very challenging.

if i can't get through with a cutter, then i use a flexible leader/ whip to attempt to clear the line. then camera it to locate the problem and install a proper tee and cleanout.

any chance of taking a picture of the actual fitting you're running into?

is it a fitting still being used or is it an outdated fitting?

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Next time I get to dig one up I will take a photo they are outdated clay pipes.
                          Most of the time we do locate with camera and dig up then put in a riser to top to enable cleaning from above.
                          The uni joint is approx 1 1/4 inches in diameter as my orignal one was 1/2 inch and broke in the line.
                          I will show you guys what I am talking about when I get a few photos together.

Comment

Working...
                          X