Warthog Nozzle Users!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warthog Nozzle Users!!!!

Wazzsup friends???..i need some advice on purchasing a good Warthog nozzle. My jetter is 2500p.s.i. and 12 gallons a minute. I was about to purchase the 1/2 " nozzle from Warthog, but my buddy who jets in Atlanta says for me to get the 3/8" nozzle because it uses less water but the same performance. Also do you guys know of any wholesellers for that nozzle? i usually go through Tony at the Cablecenter in St.louis but he sells mostly Ridgid and General. I have a 1/2" hose for my jetter so i know i will need to put a reducer for the hose to the nozzle,will this mess something up??....JETTER BUSINESS IN PICKING UP!!!!mostly from referrels of my commercial customers........anyway THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!

P.S......i have yet to see my jetter get up to 2500 p.s.i., the highest it got up to was about 2,250 according to the pressure regulator...is this normal?
    P.P.S.HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!

LONESTAR

Re: Warthog Nozzle Users!!!!

greg, drain medic has a 3/8'' warthog and i have a 1/2'' warthog.

truthfully for your machine i would go with the 3/8'' as it will do 3''. the only drawback is the nozzle doesn't have a skid or drag protection. it will wear out faster than a 1/2''. the 1/2'' requires a 4'' pipe and then decent 90's to pull through.

as far as your pressure goes, it's either an unloader adjustment or too large a nozzle drilling. what does it read when you use the spray gun?

i have 2 reels. a 400' 1/2'' and a 250' 3/8'' for tighter pipe. i am thinking of buying a 3/8'' warthog.

you should be able to contact them and find a distributor that you can work with.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      greg, drain medic has a 3/8'' warthog and i have a 1/2'' warthog.

truthfully for your machine i would go with the 3/8'' as it will do 3''. the only drawback is the nozzle doesn't have a skid or drag protection. it will wear out faster than a 1/2''. the 1/2'' requires a 4'' pipe and then decent 90's to pull through.

as far as your pressure goes, it's either an unloader adjustment or too large a nozzle drilling. what does it read when you use the spray gun?

i have 2 reels. a 400' 1/2'' and a 250' 3/8'' for tighter pipe. i am thinking of buying a 3/8'' warthog.

you should be able to contact them and find a distributor that you can work with.

rick.
      Rick said it perfect. The 3/8 will go thru 3in with no problems until you go thru acouple turns. The 3/8 is what i have. I ordered mine straight from Stoneage couple yrs ago. The only down fall of the 3/8 is there is no bottom skid, but it still does one heck of a job on roots up to 6in pipe. Just gotta make sure you keep it oiled at least once a week, or the o-ring inside can split pretty easy from friction.

Greg
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

The rotating head on the front of the 3/8" `Hog is slightly bigger than that of WS 1/2" `Hog. I bought both, the 3/8" for my 5.6 gal / min @ 4000psi and the WS 1/2" for my new 13.3 gal /min @ 3000psi jetter.

Comment

Originally posted by Root Ranger View Post
          The rotating head on the front of the 3/8" `Hog is slightly bigger than that of WS 1/2" `Hog. I bought both, the 3/8" for my 5.6 gal / min @ 4000psi and the WS 1/2" for my new 13.3 gal /min @ 3000psi jetter.

What size hose is your 5.6gal jetter?
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I use both 3/16" and 1/4" ID synflex depending on the drain size. Im going to use a 3/8" x 1/4" bush into the `Hog.

Comment

Working...
            X