Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k-60's big brother is coming home

i thought i would never have a big brother for my k-60's

but i have a new k-1500 being delivered tomorrow. now if it's anything like my treasured k-60, you'll hear about it. it is also capable of running the 7/8'' cable with a clutch change out.

i have a general 1.25'' sectional machine now. the big difference with the general sectional machine and the ridgid 1500 is the way it feeds.

the general is like the electric eel. you actually put the 10' sections in front of the machine and spin the cable from 10' away. the machine is on a 3 wheel cart and you let the cable wind into the clean out. the machine will follow it to the opening. with the k-1500 you have the machine stationary and feed the cable through it just like the k-60.

so once i have a real feel for it, i will post my findings.

too bad i didn't have it today as the k-60 never had a chance to rest. i used it on 3 different jobs today for a total of 4 running hours. had a large area drain system full of roots and 3 sewer mains that were plugged with roots.
    1 was on a mean hillside that a drum machine would be difficult to secure and operate.

my k-7500 is going to leave me if i don't feed him soon i think he is getting love starved

maybe someone will adopt him and his 2 identical brothers and 3 fraternal brothers (k-750).

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: k-60's big brother is coming home

I knew I would read this post some day. Did you trade for this k1500 with Mark? I remember seeing something a while back.

Congratz on the new machine. We use those to cut through boards at trades shows. (if you could imagine that )

Josh

Comment

Contratz Rick

Please think up a good name for your new K-1500 like you did for the K-60 and please post loads about how it really eats through the tuff jobs for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
        I knew I would read this post some day. Did you trade for this k1500 with Mark? I remember seeing something a while back.

Congratz on the new machine. We use those to cut through boards at trades shows. (if you could imagine that )

Josh
        i didn't trade, but mark wanted to give me his k500

i still have my donut hole from the last k-1500 demo. now i don't need to go to the show for more donut holes, i can make my own now

ben, start saving and don't tell your wife it was me

greg, you got all the toys.

still working on the trade show possibilities

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          i didn't trade, but mark wanted to give me his k500

i still have my donut hole from the last k-1500 demo. now i don't need to go to the show for more donut holes, i can make my own now

ben, start saving and don't tell your wife it was me

greg, you got all the toys.

still working on the trade show possibilities

rick.

Cmon Rick, i can never have ALL the toys. Im sure you have way more then i do...Im willing to adopt some of those other machines you have though
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Working...
          X