Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: clogged bathroom sink question / problem

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
    In the UPC section 706.2

" Double sanitary tee's may be used when the barrel of the fitting is atleast 2 pipe sizes larger then the largest inlet"

Many inspectors will also approve them if the necessary c/o tee is installed.

robert what i meant is a normal common san tee such as a 2 x 1.5x 1.5x 1.5 such as a lav set up.

trying to install a 3 x 3x 1.5x 1.5 tapped is not your typical fitting we use. the fixture fitting is normal.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Framers and drywallers already have a hard enough time dealing with the 4" outside diameter of the hub on a 3" fitting inside of a 3-1/2" wall.Just use the proven and accepted figure fitting.

I haven't found anything in the UPC yet on the clean-out above the double san-tee.

probably cause I haven't looked yet
      Last edited by drtyhands; 11-03-2007, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        robert what i meant is a normal common san tee such as a 2 x 1.5x 1.5x 1.5 such as a lav set up.

trying to install a 3 x 3x 1.5x 1.5 tapped is not your typical fitting we use. the fixture fitting is normal.

rick.

The code requires minimums, so in a lav set up, although we don't do it, it can be done,

2 x 1 1/2 x 1 1/4 x 1 1/4

1 1/4 is approved for a lav set up, so increase the barrel to 2", that will be code compliant per the code section I posted.

This would only work for lavs, but you get the point

Adam, you won't find the c/o above the back to back fixture fitting it isn't in there, I looked under all sections.

This will work for the following fixtures:

Lavatory
        Bidet
        drinking fountain or water cooler
        Dental unit / cuspidor
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Thank-you for checking for me Robert.Sometimes I can be sooo lazy

Comment

Robert I just looked up your code reference.Sorry compadre,the pipe sizes refer to the barrel size being increased two pipe sizes larger than the largest branch inlet.Nothing of fixture requirements

You insisted on making me look it up.How do you now plan on making compensation.

Cash or Credit

Lunch will be ample,my choice?

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              Robert I just looked up your code reference.Sorry compadre,the pipe sizes refer to the barrel size being increased two pipe sizes larger than the largest branch inlet.Nothing of fixture requirements

You insisted on making me look it up.How do you now plan on making compensation.

Cash or Credit

Lunch will be ample,my choice?

that would put it back to a 3 x 1.5'' san tee for a lav. not a typical fitting we would stuff into a 2x4 wall.

am i in too in n out works for me.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                that would put it back to a 3 x 1.5'' san tee for a lav. not a typical fitting we would stuff into a 2x4 wall.

am i in too in n out works for me.

Does anyone actualy reads what he said.........The code requires minimums, so in a lav set up, although we don't do it, it can be done,

1 1/4 is approved for a lav set up, so increase the barrel to 2", that will be code compliant per the code section I posted

The code requires minimums, so in a lav set up, although we don't do it, it can be done,.....The code requires minimums, so in a lav set up, although we don't do it, it can be done,

1 1/4 is approved for a lav set up, so increase the barrel to 2", that will be code compliant per the code section I posted
                Last edited by mrs. westcoast; 11-05-2007, 01:52 PM.

Comment

went to home depot this past weekend and was going to rent their 50' snake with 1/2" cable. The clerk told me that it won't work for me because the cable is too thick to bend around the pipes in my bathroom sink and should be only only on main lines. i end up renting the biggest extension ladder they had and climbed up the roof to snake the vent. it took less than 5 minutes once i got up to the roof. when i pull the snake out, it just had a small bit of foul smelling hair around the tip, certainly didn't look like it was big enough to cause the clog. now the sinks run faster than ever. thank you to everyone that helped solve my problem.

Comment

Originally posted by maximus96 View Post
                    went to home depot this past weekend and was going to rent their 50' snake with 1/2" cable. The clerk told me that it won't work for me because the cable is too thick to bend around the pipes in my bathroom sink and should be only only on main lines. i end up renting the biggest extension ladder they had and climbed up the roof to snake the vent. it took less than 5 minutes once i got up to the roof. when i pull the snake out, it just had a small bit of foul smelling hair around the tip, certainly didn't look like it was big enough to cause the clog. now the sinks run faster than ever. thank you to everyone that helped solve my problem.
                    See there I told you, That if your able enough to climb a ladder. Then going on the roof would work best for you, as long as the vent was a straight shot on the lavatory sinks. Is there a chance to fall, you bet. But you put yourself in harm. Every time you get in a car. Good for you, welcome to plumbing 101

Comment

Originally posted by maximus96 View Post

Welcome to the forum maximus...

You will like it here. There is a lot of people from the bay area in here.

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
                        Does anyone actualy reads what he said.........The code requires minimums, so in a lav set up, although we don't do it, it can be done,

The code requires minimums, so in a lav set up, although we don't do it, it can be done,.....The code requires minimums, so in a lav set up, although we don't do it, it can be done,

I'm done with this.I've got a lot more going on than to even think about putting a double san-tee in the wall so I can get into a urinal projection competition with an inspector.

Zeljka,Roberts little lady in red.I myself kindof like it.

Comment

Working...
                        X