X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drain Cleaners Bill Of Rights !!

I'm Really on the outside ,looking ,in on much of this ! After reading " DUNBAR'S DELIMA ", I am writing this with YOUR help ,hopefully.
    There are many ,hard working ,honest,Folks here ,just trying their best to make a living, and,provide a service.
    On the other side There's folks with a 911 drain problem! Some of which,are very emotional,for good reason ! My suggestion is a pictorial show and tell is presented up front.
    Some of the pictures should contain clean outs positioned properly. Open excavations showing roots entering broken, misaligned Terra cotta. Then pix of the proper repairs.
    Pix of Homeowner Dont's. Dental floss ,Sharmen's T.P.
    What i "The industry policy "is, when cable goes out of drain in an existing break.
    Benefits of camering Your drain.
    This needs to be written in a professional way that won't scare of The customer.
    Remember ,They don't know what's underground, and You don't either!
    Hope You PROS help each other out. Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Drain Cleaners Bill Of Rights !!

Your right...alot of the drain cleaners i know and myself have something in writting on the back of invoices...It states about warranties, defective piping, homeowner corrections...and things pertaining to broken pipes, tree roots that sort of nature...
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

If you guys want I can help build something that takes all your input and pics and leave it somewhere on the forum as a real document for everyone to reference.

Sounds like a cool idea.

Josh

Comment

Sounds cool. I've been thinking of something like this for a while now. It's alot easier to show a customer a pic of an offset pipe then try to explain it to some customers. I usually take alot of time with customer education and have got many complements for being so informative and patient with those that have no idea. On the flip side the most common complaint I get RE; my competition is they are so "arrogant" and treat their customers like they are stupid for not knowing about sewer drains.

Heres a good pic of a clay pipe joint with roots
        Attached Files
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

It is a great idea....I use a flat rate book...and in the front of it i call it an evidence manual....It has copies of all my certificates (Water Jetting, cameras), insurance papers...it also has pictures of different things like the difference btwn snaking and water jetting, pictures of how Root X works how Bio Clean works, pictures of a whole house system showing the line going to the twp sewers...Its actually to many to post here, but if anyone is interested i can scan the pictures ( they are full color) and email a whole copy to you

Greg
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I posted a video of a company that cleans any drains for $49.95.

I surely hope that never comes to my area as I cannot for the life of me figure out how and where the cost of living and fuel is cheap enough to make that number equate.

Not unless that is a "get in the door" tactic and they upsell just about everything from the use of their garden hose to wear and tear on their blades....?

I'll run into more of what I experienced last week; that's just plumbing and it's great that it's rare when it happens.

The rest follow a good path of drains opening fast and quick....the drive to and fro is the effort at best.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Gene thats' a great picture,and an excellent TOOL. Most folks don't like surprises , and this gives them a warning. Hope more ideas are on the way.
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

$49. 95 ,I'd pay it ,just to mess with them,and get a copy of the contract, to post here!
                What kind of blockage from hell, could We set up for them ,in our own house! How about a temporary outside clean out ,that is open ended into clay ?

Comment

Lets remember what a drain is and that will help explain how they use it to get in the door.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                    Sounds cool. I've been thinking of something like this for a while now. It's alot easier to show a customer a pic of an offset pipe then try to explain it to some customers. I usually take alot of time with customer education and have got many complements for being so informative and patient with those that have no idea. On the flip side the most common complaint I get RE; my competition is they are so "arrogant" and treat their customers like they are stupid for not knowing about sewer drains.

Heres a good pic of a clay pipe joint with roots
                    Here`s your off-set

This is a job I just did today.

Plumber install
                    If you look at the flex coupler you can see it`s flexed out...lol
                    I didnt like the T either and the line on the right went UP-HILL on a 22.

Sewer Dude install.
                    i know someones gonna ask why a clean out that close to the septic tank. Look at all the 45`s to the left That plumber was on crack if he thinks someone would run a cable down that crap. i wanted to do a complete repipe but they didnt have the money and they kept saying it has worked that way for 20 years....errrrrrrrr

Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 11-03-2007, 08:37 PM.
                    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Looks good!

I hate that reply from homeowners as well......
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

they always have funds available for flat screens and caddys.

Comment

Working...
                        X