Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you store your sectional cables?

Reworking my truck and am trying to think of a better way to arrange my sectionals. Do you think sectionals would be damaged by storing them on their short side? Any ideas? Pictures would be nice.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: How do you store your sectional cables?

I keep my K-60, 75' of 7/8" cable, and the rear guide hose on the lower shelf of a 32" wide bin on my truck. On the upper shelf, I keep a couple of tool boxes and tool bags. One of those is the little tool box for my heads for the K-60. In the back of my truck, I keep a spare 75' of cable, just in case I get a long run where I need it.

Comment

Ben,

Here is just under 300' of 5/8 on it's side. The 7/8" would be the same but it is in the back of the truck.

Mark
      Attached Files
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

hmmmm. . . I think Rick just hurls them on top of the pile in his truck

I do actually think he keeps them on their short end in a bucket and grabs however many he needs. . . he comes home late Sunday
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I use an old tire, drill a hole on it with a hole hog for a drain, and store my K60 cables in there...For my J cable (eel sectional) i use a custom 4inx7ft long piece of PVC with one cap glued on and the other a cleanout cap, i put a strap on it and carry it like a rifle, holds 60ft and not to heavy.
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

mine just sit flat in their wire carriers on the floor of the van. sometimes if they are stored standing up i get an override in the cable and it can be a ***** to unravel.especially in a home or if i'm trying to NOT look like a doofus

steve
            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

the 5/8'' and 7/8'' i keep in the cages on edge bungee to the truck. not on top of a pile joey

the 1.25'' i keep 2-40' inside of 2-motorcycle tires (much lighter) and the balance inside of 10' sections of 1.25'' pvc pipe. i just slide out the amount i need beyond the 80' in the tires.

i also have a general 5/8'' cage(orange) and it's a lot more low profile with a tighter cage accessible from either side.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

A sectional cable provided with optical repeaters and the like is spirally wound as a coil in a cable tank having a wall which defines at least a part of a cable storing space in which the cable is accommodated and is parallel to an axis of the coiled optical cable. A metal plate is provided along and covering an entire peripheral region of the wall to counterbalance induced voltage generated in the coiled optical cable.

Comment

Originally posted by nautica View Post
                  A sectional cable provided with optical repeaters and the like is spirally wound as a coil in a cable tank having a wall which defines at least a part of a cable storing space in which the cable is accommodated and is parallel to an axis of the coiled optical cable. A metal plate is provided along and covering an entire peripheral region of the wall to counterbalance induced voltage generated in the coiled optical cable.
                  ????????????

Comment

I throwing the BS flag on this. You're a plumber for who? NASA? Glad to see you're back Silvan. Or is it Woussko?
                    Last edited by gear junkie; 12-10-2007, 09:20 AM.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

i am obviously way too sober for this to make any sence.

wait, maybe this was the flashback we were warned about years ago.

steve
                      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I never touch my cables until I damage/have to replace them.

Other than that, they self-store in the drum. I rarely have to two-hand the cable from the power feed to the drain opening, most times it's a one-handed operation with the machine doing 90% of the work.

I keep an extra 25' on the truck for anything beyond what the machine holds.
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                        X