Just hit a rootball outa the park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just hit a rootball outa the park

End of the day, I come home to blocked toilets. As You taught My I used the spear 1st . in clean out. Bring back a root ball! Will use side cutters in morn. Did a repair 2 years ago and there back! I was lucky the equept .was not at the shop. Sounds simple enough,but I can't tell You how pleasing it is to have the equeptment ,and thanks' to You all, the experiance! Work's been slow and we just got the go ahead on a bath addition today. Life is good ! I have a lot to be thankful for. May You all have a happy, peaceful day tomorrow. Tool.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Just hit a rootball outa the park

tool, nothing like coming home to your own house backed up

i hope you billed the mrs. for it

how far out was the plug? keep record of it so you can document it for future cleanings and concentrate your efforts on this spot.

now just don't plug the kitchen sink this weekend as the machine you have is too large for the 2'' line.

should have got a k-60

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick .I also have the 375 with 50 ft. of 1/2" General line on It , home.
      It was 2 years ago You gave Me guidence on the terra cotta repair. 2 ferncos and about 5 ft of 4" ABS. Now You Guys have taught Me to go with banded instead! I have No idea of how to keep track of the footage out on the General,any suggestions? Thanks Tool
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

sectionals are easy to track the footage.

on a drum, i paint the cable every 10' a different color spot approx. 6'' mark.

now i was hoping to make a real footage counter, but then i heard from the grapevine that ridgid was working on one

still waiting.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Man ,All You Should pool these Ideas and WRITE A BOOK ! I can see a grey market spiral geared counter for all dia. sized cables. It could be hinged, to close and open on the cable
          Ricks Cable counter ! Each one comes with inserts for all cable sizes. $ 49.99 + $6.99 S+H
          Put one in His stocking! Cables get painted FRI, Thank's

Comment

Keep in mind tool, that the guy's that made your repair, may not have torqued the bands enough, roots will grow inside.

I see this alot of times.
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              Man ,All You Should pool these Ideas and WRITE A BOOK ! I can see a grey market spiral geared counter for all dia. sized cables. It could be hinged, to close and open on the cable
              Ricks Cable counter ! Each one comes with inserts for all cable sizes. $ 49.99 + $6.99 S+H
              Put one in His stocking! Cables get painted FRI, Thank's
              i wish it was that simple. remember the cable is rotating with a variable speed advance. not a simple counter like used in the wire isles of home depot.

it needs to be electronic and not mechanical. needs to pick up on an imbeded chip or something like that.

now a sectional is simple. count your sections and measure the last one

49.99 is a steal. we could sell them faster than a micro.

don't know what ridgid is waiting for. maybe it's me to unvail mine

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                sectionals are easy to track the footage.

on a drum, i paint the cable every 10' a different color spot approx. 6'' mark.

now i was hoping to make a real footage counter, but then i heard from the grapevine that ridgid was working on one

still waiting.

rick.
                This was a few years ago but has Ridgid or any one else made one with a counter yet?
                Last edited by DanLawrence; 05-07-2009, 02:42 PM. Reason: Maybe Josh can answer this one please?

Comment

Boy now that would be a nice addition to any cable machine!
                  www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

I really don't know why no one has engineered one yet. I'm sure the technology is there. Maybe the price point isn't justified.

Comment

like i said a sectional is a no brainer. with a rotating drum with variable speed, it takes some fancy electronics to read the cable progress. also considering that the drum will stack cable at a different rate based on layers.

i know it is possible, but is it necessary

it is if i was using a drum

but i'm a sectional man and the drum guy is left waiting for renee and company to make it happen

another reason why i can dial in my cables to match my cameras perfectly

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

About 2 years ago Ridgid sent a questioner out asking if I would be interested in a counter for the 7500 and where I would want it mounted and if I would test it for them It never came so there must be a problem that needs to be worked out. The one option they asked is If I would like it so I could move it and mount it where I wanted. a gear might work but it would be prone to gunk build up, a set up like a generator mounted tac. converted to the odometer like my old car had on it hooked to the back of the motor might come close to working, but I think a laser like on a PC. mouse might be better if it were protected and had enough power to cut through the slop on the cover window. But I like the KISS method and I think Ridgid dose too so I think it will be some type of wheal But I think it is still coming.

Comment

Seems like it would be easy to rig up a counter. Just a couple of wheels with a calibrated counter on the front rolling across the cable as it goes out.

All kinds of bike computers now do similar things. Some not touching anything if I recall.

J.C.

Comment

rolling wheels won't work as there is no way to tell rotation from feed.

i've actually played with this idea for a couple years and gave up as the big brother was working on it

i'm pretty sure if you drummers ask for it, it will make it to market

us sectionals only need an umpire strike counter or golfers score keeper.

pretty simple to count sections.

but then again what do i know

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              rolling wheels won't work as there is no way to tell rotation from feed.

i've actually played with this idea for a couple years and gave up as the big brother was working on it

i'm pretty sure if you drummers ask for it, it will make it to market

us sectionals only need an umpire strike counter or golfers score keeper.

pretty simple to count sections.

but then again what do i know

rick.
                              Some of the old Ridgid sectionals had a counter built on the machine. They were just a knob that you turned by hand one click for every section you put in. But now that I think about it I haven't seen it on the new ones my 1500 doesn't have one I think I bought it in 1980- 82 I had asked for it just because I like all the bells and whistles. If there is anything on or comes for a machine I just got to have at lest one, they told me they had stopped putting it on because they broke and was not worth putting it on. I sometimes forgot how meany cables I put in but I use car tires to carry the cables in and drill holes in the side of the tire to drain the water out, so I just stick my key in the next hole after running one in and count that way. I suffer from CRS. sometimes when I get in to a good fight with a stubborn drain.

Comment

Working...
                              X