Perfect example

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Perfect example

Another example (sorry guys) is the old school plumbers who know everything about drain cleaning because they have been doing plumbing for over 100yrs.. Anyway, i meet the plumber on site for a kitchen sink clog at one of his customers house...The plumber is a super guy that i have been doing work with for a long time...anyway the sink is full of water. The plumber shows me the pipes in a crawl space..It is copper. So im billing the plumber. He wants me to do this. Cut the pipe in the crawl space and cable the line. Ok sounds good, right on. So before i cut into the pipe and get water all over me being in a crawl space, i tap on the copper pipe with a screwdriver...Guess what..hollow...So i tap on the pipe above me head before a 90 fitting. Sounds full. So i tell the plumber the problem is going to be in the 90 fitting and that i should just drain down the sink, take the trap off and cable underneath the sink to avoid mess. He insisted on me cutting the copper in the crawl space. So while arguing for 5 mins on why i didnt want to cut the copper, and snake up the line, i cut the copper. Guess what, no water...So then i tell him, look i do not want to cable up the line and clear this clog and get soaked. He says to me and this is no lie " Why would you cable up the line?" "You need to cable from here down." I thought he was joking and started to laugh at him...then he got mad and said i was disrespecting him and that i should trust his judgement because he was doing plumbing before i was even a thought of life...So now im starting to get mad...i told him there is absolutely no way that the clog will be below floor level since the sink is above my head and only 3ft of pipe from my cut up to the sink. I said we are not getting any water, and the sink is still full..He continued to argue with me that the clog was from the hole down...So mad and frustrated, i finally said look....I will do it your way...if it works i wont charge ( My way of being cocky cause i know my way is going to work, if you read the 1st part of this thread i almost said the same exact thing LOL) BUT if it doesnt work, not only am i going to charge you for this work, but im also going to charge you to clear it from under the sink...So i cable down the line 35ft just to prove a point, and obviously it doesnt clear the clog. Now that he has this dumbfounded look on his face i said, ok just to prove another point im going to cable up the pipe hit this 90 and clear the clog. So i do, and of course i got soaked because of the clog that cleared. (Peels from the garbage disposal). SO i charged him double, got the clog open and earned the respect of the old school plumber, who now calls me for all his drain clogs, but does not meet me on the job sites anymore, he says i can handle the problems by myself LOL
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Re: Perfect example

Good going Greg........Just another "Perfect Example".
      Too bad ya had to get wet.

Tracy

Comment

Working...
      X