Craziest thing you removed from a drain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craziest thing you removed from a drain

After listening to the critter thread LOL...(Which was hilarious i might add)
    This brought back memories for me

My Question to you...What was the craziest, weirdest, funniest thing you have ever removed from a drain???

My craziest was a finger i removed from a drain line that was clogging the line in a prison

Weirdest was a personal ID badge that was lodged in a line 50ft away

and funniest was, i was water jetting an 8in Terra Cotta storm line and when i got right near the end of the discharge i blew out a groundhog from the line that scared the Hell out of me..LOL...it flew about 10ft past me... (for those animal rights members, the groundhog got up and walked away)..

Greg

PS thought this would be a good 400th post
    Last edited by Drain Medic; 12-04-2007, 06:18 PM.
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Re: Craziest thing you removed from a drain

Craziest thing would be that cat from last year and (for those animal rights members, the "CAT Did NOT" walked away)

Weirdest was an Iron. that was back about 10/01/07 when I was working in Greensburg Kansas, That's the town that got flattened by the F-5 twister

Cant say that I have ever gotten anything funny yet. I cant make out what 1/2 of the stuff is after the K-7500 gets done with it
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Skin of a dog out of a toilet in a Korean part of town

Thought it was a throw rug at first

Picture on the telephone pole with a little girl and her dog said reward if found

Comment

400th post. Holy crap. That was fast. I remember in your first couple of post I said it sounds like you will be an asset to the forum and you have been that for sure! Thanks for all the info you have shared. I'll save the "party on" smiles for your 1000th post.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

the remains of a mongoose, definately the messiest

the funniest was a pair of women's panties. the embarassed lady was toatally speechless.

several condoms from a woman whosw husband was due back on island the next day. she paid extra for me NOT to mention the cause of the blockage on the invoice.

one of the oddest was 2 baseball caps and a travel shampoo bottle from a hotel main.

the wig of a doll that came from a line owned by a couple in their 70s. no children, not guests with children, and they had owned the house for 5 years with no blockage problems at all. i still puzzle over that one.

oh the life os a poo poo cowboy

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Craziest thing I've pulled out is a bull frog. Not that crazy but it scared the heck out of me to see something with eyes riding my snake out of the pipe.

While working on a sewer main rebuild We got to a certain length and were not allowed to go any further, no ifs, ands, or buts. After cutting into the main I could see a huge ball or roots 3' away. So I reach up shoulder length and start pulling.
            The next day a friend stops by and invites me into his camera truck and shows me a bunch of pics of some exotic snake he camered in a main the day before.
            It turns out he was less then a mile away from where I had my arm up the pipe at the same time.
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
              While working on a sewer main rebuild We got to a certain length and were not allowed to go any further, no ifs, ands, or buts. After cutting into the main I could see a huge ball or roots 3' away. So I reach up shoulder length and start pulling.
              The next day a friend stops by and invites me into his camera truck and shows me a bunch of pics of some exotic snake he camered in a main the day before.
              It turns out he was less then a mile away from where I had my arm up the pipe at the same time.
              another valid reason NOT to reach into a pipe with body parts, especially your own

steve
              In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

recently i was using my new k39 to clear a sink, tub and shower stoppage.

as i retrieved my cable from the drain, there was a fur ball wrapped around it.

after taking a closer look, it turned out to be a rat or a mouse wrapped around it. i actually too it home to show my buddy. joey wouldn't allow it in the car. so i actually put the remains in a ziplock and tucked it under my wiper blade.

my buddy didn't want it in his house either.

or how about the mens boxer shorts wrapped around my 3/4'' cable. of course the excuse was the washing machine ate them

i think the strangest thing i saw with my camera, was another camera in the line broken off. i just pushed it into the city main.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

thanks for that one all clear. I love these threads.

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                  (for those animal rights members, the "CAT Did NOT" walked away)

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                    thanks for that one all clear. I love these threads.

I hear ya...always cool to see what other drain cleaners and plumbers are doing on the sewer lines...LOL
                    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                      400th post. Holy crap. That was fast. I remember in your first couple of post I said it sounds like you will be an asset to the forum and you have been that for sure! Thanks for all the info you have shared. I'll save the "party on" smiles for your 1000th post.

Hey Gene, thanks for the nice words....its only 400 though..lol...Rick needs to go on 52 more Costa Ricky trips for me to catch him lol

Comment

Skull fragments of a middle aged black man or woman with mixed black/gray hair. Having the hose nearby dousing the end of what was attached made me wonder why something was hanging to the hair.

Had a manhole 12ft deep full to the top overflowing. I was running a 1065 at the time and used a 10' section of 2" with a 45 at the end.

Loud noises when I broke that main line open, couldn't pull back through the 2" because of what I grabbed. Those skull fragments were attached to locks of hair.

What makes this above situation credible?

Bad BAD neighborhood with a history in the area of them killing thier own. We were advised to bring protection (guns) when working over in the bad parts of Cincinnati urban, blighted neighborhoods.
                        Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 12-04-2007, 08:28 PM.
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Congrats on your 400th post, but GROSS to your thread!

I have to read with one eye closed
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

One eyed Willy

BTW Congrats on your 500th post lol

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                              Hey Gene, thanks for the nice words....its only 400 though..lol...Rick needs to go on 52 more Costa Ricky trips for me to catch him lol

it's not me you have to worry about.

it's woussko that's coming on strong.

my next trip will be with all the forum members that are going to go visit josh and the ridgid plant next year. so unless we all bring a laptop, the forum will be quiet for a couple of days

greg, you can stay home and post 24/7, unless you want to join us

congrats on the first 400 the next 3000 is a breeze

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X